return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

reaming the hole
View this Thread in Original format
uberclkgtr
so i broke out a copy of nat monday's "waiting" last night, the jay welsh mix, and the hole at the center had been warped, elongated, so that the spindle didn't fit in. i've had this for a few months, but had never played it until last night! :rolleyes:

anybody know of a safe way to enlarge the hole so that it will fit on the spindle? i've never had this problem before.

i would send it back to get replaced, but it's a promo, and the record company distictive is in england (and i'm in the usa). :(

any advice is appreciated...

:)
Kid_Lax
i believe most people will take a pen and work it through the hole to help open it up a little bit

ive never tried this myself though
djdawn
i always use some pointy large scissors for this. Put them in until you feel some pressure (not much), then turn them in both directions. Try to fit it on the spindle, repeat until the desired hole size is reached.
uberclkgtr
thanks for the tips! i'll try out he scissors. it's a really warped, f'ed up hole, so it's gonna take lots of reaming with those babies. :toothless
JohnSmith
Is it just me, or does this thread sound a lot worse than it really is?
djdawn
quote:
Originally posted by JohnSmith
Is it just me, or does this thread sound a lot worse than it really is?

that's just you;)!

why do you think it sounds bad?
JohnSmith
Hrmm.. reaming the hole? you figure it out.

here's a hint if you are still stuck
djdawn
thanks for clearing that up, lol!

I've had my share of tight holes so I know how to handle them...
JohnSmith
lol, i bet you have..

and i thought you were a girl at first!

*oops i just blew my cover*

:)
uberclkgtr
well, the hole reaming took place this weekend, and i must say the scissors worked like a charm. it took a bit of time, but i now have a playable copy of "waiting"...sure had to wait long enough though. heh. :)

thanks for your reaming knowledge djdawn, and your, um, knowledge about tight holes... :eek:

:D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement