return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2008

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 
[Quarter Final] Spain - Italy (pg. 9)
View this Thread in Original format
Zild
I've seen Torres squeeze in some goals that I thought would have been impossible until I saw the ball in the back of the net.
pierre_escargot
quote:
Originally posted by Zild
I've seen Torres squeeze in some goals that I thought would have been impossible until I saw the ball in the back of the net.

He's a great player no doubt and scores some fabulous goals, but by his standards, he had a poor game last night. Whenever he got a hold of the ball, he'd take one too many touches and lose the ball, and Guiza looked much more threatening when he came on, got into some good positions.
pierre_escargot
no football tonight for the first night in ages :(

WHAT THE WILL I DO ?! Wimbledon is boring first week.
HardTranceProd
quote:
Originally posted by pierre_escargot
no football tonight for the first night in ages :(

WHAT THE WILL I DO ?! Wimbledon is boring first week.

Weds. and Thurs. ;)

I'm taking a day off from work on Thurs. to watch the Russians beat Spain :)

As for Weds. - Germany/Turkey might be uneventful, so I'll follow the blogs.
gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by Lebezniatnikov
Thank you, that's exactly what I was going for.

I was really struggling to figure out why they took Torres out as well - in my opinion he was playing the best on the Spanish side (with the exception of Casillas) in the second half.

Don't forget Ramos too. He was playing some ing great defense with Puyol.
bas
quote:
He's a great player no doubt and scores some fabulous goals, but by his standards, he had a poor game last night.

I agree 130894u103487%, he seemed like he started to get frustrated towards the end. I blame it on poor service, Fabregas should have come in earlier :o
gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by bas
I agree 130894u103487%, he seemed like he started to get frustrated towards the end. I blame it on poor service, Fabregas should have come in earlier :o

And they should have moved Sergio Ramos to midfield instead of full defense. He is better when he is playing midfield.
pierre_escargot
quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
And they should have moved Sergio Ramos to midfield instead of full defense. He is better when he is playing midfield.

Ramos is much better bombing forward past the midfield giving them an extra option down the flanks, great attacking defender. When he first burst onto the club scene, I actually thought he was a much better player then as he's not really developed that much as a player in that time.

Yeah, Fabregas bossed the midfield and ran the show when he came on from the centre of the park, and gave Spain that extra creative edge, slipping reverse passes et all through to the forwards.

I think he should start against Russia, although Spain are blessed with talent all over the midfield, but Xavi hasn't made the impression I thought he would and Iniesta is played out of position on the right.
bas
quote:

Yes but that leaves their defense wide open. Spain was much much tighter in the back (lol) this time around.
gehzumteufel
quote:
Ramos is much better bombing forward past the midfield giving them an extra option down the flanks, great attacking defender. When he first burst onto the club scene, I actually thought he was a much better player then as he's not really developed that much as a player in that time.

Exactly why I find him to be a better midfielder than fullback. He can go up the flank or even center when necessary without being WAY the off his position. It is the best of both worlds. He isn't a forward, but he isn't 100% defense. A pretty good balance of both imho.

gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by bas
Yes but that leaves their defense wide open. Spain was much much tighter in the back (lol) this time around.

Yeah but they have Puyol and that other guy..then again, against russia, just those two won't be able to do . lol
bas
quote:
Yeah but they have Puyol and that other guy..then again, against russia, just those two won't be able to do . lol

Exactly :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 
Privacy Statement