return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2008

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
raped by parkwest
View this Thread in Original format
JD8180
not really surprised at all, but parkwest oversold tickets. tried to get there early, but i forgot about ultra ending at that time, so it took me over an hour to move my car 2 blocks to park. they were charging $200 at the door. i just ended up selling my tickets when i saw the size of the line. i personally didn't want to wait a 2-3 hour line.

/rant :whip:
PatMcGroin
not surprised one bit. sorry for those that actually paid that price.
epdarks
$200 for Armin?!

What a ing joke!
ambs
thats so interesting because the place wasnt super packed AT ALL. i mean there was room in the front during armin's set. enough said. normally you gotta fight off the fanboys and be happy if you're only getting slightly squished.

and the door drama was to be expected
orTofønChiLd
no dj charges 200, thats wierd
seneca
You have to think the clubs do whatever they want during this time to make as much money as possible from the people willing to shell it out... this had nothing to do with Armin & crew.
llavoe
quote:
Originally posted by orTofønChiLd
no dj charges 200, thats wierd

Think before you type, sport.

I knew they were going to pull that crap. As for the line out side and room inside it was the fire marshal. Hence the $200 entry, you were paying for 2 people because the marshal was all over that place.
JD8180
quote:
Originally posted by llavoe
I knew they were going to pull that crap. As for the line out side and room inside it was the fire marshal. Hence the $200 entry, you were paying for 2 people because the marshal was all over that place.

but if that's true about the fire marshal, then why is everyone saying that inside there was room? i heard the second room had plenty of space during armin's set. and now ambs is saying even in armin's room there was some space. i would assume that means they weren't at capacity yet?
JD8180
quote:
Originally posted by PatMcGroin
not surprised one bit. sorry for those that actually paid that price.

the worst part is that staff was selling tickets within the line. that means people at the end of the line were paying $200 a ticket for this, not knowing that they are going to be waiting outside for another 2+ hours.
TigerClaw
Sucks that people had to pay the 200 dollars up front to get in. But for those who did got in, How was Markus's set?
Sorry that I couldn't go last night cause I had issues with the time.

Charlie Brown
I got there just after 12 and was still waiting in line at 3am! they then started offering everyone free entry to ferry at the ultra afterparty!?!?wtf

There were maybe 200 people locked out i think, half chose the ferry option, I waited and eventually LP turned up and let the 1st 20 who were left in line in the back with him. He seemed apologetic but we still have 3 full tickets from my friends who gave up waiting after an hour. They seriously need to hand out refunds for this, after 3 hours of waiting we only stayed half an hour before leaving due to just being ed from waiting in line.

As already said as soon as we got their some gimp was walking the line asking if anyone needed to buy a ticket and when they agreed to the $200 fee they were taken out of line and let right in!

I wasn't really interested in seeing armin but went because my friends wanted to see him, I just find it criminal how they can act this way and I will be seeking a refund on at least the 3 tickets we didn't use!
JD8180
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Brown
I got there just after 12 and was still waiting in line at 3am! they then started offering everyone free entry to ferry at the ultra afterparty!?!?wtf

There were maybe 200 people locked out i think, half chose the ferry option, I waited and eventually LP turned up and let the 1st 20 who were left in line in the back with him. He seemed apologetic but we still have 3 full tickets from my friends who gave up waiting after an hour. They seriously need to hand out refunds for this, after 3 hours of waiting we only stayed half an hour before leaving due to just being ed from waiting in line.

As already said as soon as we got their some gimp was walking the line asking if anyone needed to buy a ticket and when they agreed to the $200 fee they were taken out of line and let right in!

I wasn't really interested in seeing armin but went because my friends wanted to see him, I just find it criminal how they can act this way and I will be seeking a refund on at least the 3 tickets we didn't use!

seems the way they work is everyone that bought presales basically donated to parkwest. they held everyone that had presales outside because they knew they'd either:

a. just get tired of it and leave, pocketing the money from the presale ticket
b. get desperate enough and dish out the $200 cover charge to get in.

either way parkwest wins i guess. :rolleyes:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Privacy Statement