return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2008

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Tiesto @ Ultra
View this Thread in Original format
Section 8
How do you think Tiesto was tonight at Ultra?
element-y
What a waste of a timeslot for the maistage. I thought he would pull the same thing as in trance energy but .. boy was i wrong haha. What a puke set from the man. No trance what so ever. Beats kept going non stop. No melody, etc. I gave him another shot tonight and that is my last. If you like Tiesto, DO NOT pay for his set in the states, save your money for a eurotrip and see his ass there. People who think tiesto is god cheered every now and then, but the majority hated it. Only part I liked and in general where people reacted was when he played PUSH/MIKE and Elements of Life.
PatMcGroin
quote:
Originally posted by element-y
What a waste of a timeslot for the maistage. I thought he would pull the same thing as in trance energy but .. boy was i wrong haha. What a puke set from the man. No trance what so ever. Beats kept going non stop. No melody, etc. I gave him another shot tonight and that is my last. If you like Tiesto, DO NOT pay for his set in the states, save your money for a eurotrip and see his ass there. People who think tiesto is god cheered every now and then, but the majority hated it. Only part I liked and in general where people reacted was when he played PUSH/MIKE and Elements of Life.

exactly what ive been saying for awhile now. ;)
Section 8
been saying what? That Tiesto sucks or that you gotta see him in europe instead of The States? Cause I still remember his trance energy set as well, and it was really sweet. Nothing like what he played tonight (last night now, but whatever), he really blew tonight. I mean, he belonged on the techno stage imo. :eyes: with the exception of like 2 or 3 songs that he played. so maybe he actually belonged somewhere in between the tecno stage and the main one? Like the ocean. 50 ft underwater would be suitable after that set :whip:
snatonsb
You guys are crazy he did a good job but that's just imho!
Charlie Brown
quote:
Originally posted by Section 8
been saying what? That Tiesto sucks or that you gotta see him in europe instead of The States? Cause I still remember his trance energy set as well, and it was really sweet. Nothing like what he played tonight (last night now, but whatever), he really blew tonight. I mean, he belonged on the techno stage imo. :eyes: with the exception of like 2 or 3 songs that he played. so maybe he actually belonged somewhere in between the tecno stage and the main one? Like the ocean. 50 ft underwater would be suitable after that set :whip:

Dude, If you wanna hear fanny trance stick with armin, Tiesto was all about the techy sound before he turned into a cheeseball. I wasn't all that into his set lastnight but it was alot better than I've heard from him in recent years simply because he was dropping a more tech sound instead of gay like 'in the dark'.
snatonsb
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Brown
Dude, If you wanna hear fanny trance stick with armin, Tiesto was all about the techy sound before he turned into a cheeseball. I wasn't all that into his set lastnight but it was alot better than I've heard from him in recent years simply because he was dropping a more tech sound instead of gay like 'in the dark'.

+1 im not with all that happy gay trance.... he was dropping some tech bombs and man I never heard Airwave or Airport live the bass was rattling my body lol....
MagPie8064
im not a huge tiesto fan to begin with, but its just so upsetting to see and hear these reviews because his set at trance energy this year was mindblowing. makes no sense why he doesnt consistently play the same way here in the states as he does overseas.
Charlie Brown
quote:
Originally posted by MagPie8064
im not a huge tiesto fan to begin with, but its just so upsetting to see and hear these reviews because his set at trance energy this year was mindblowing. makes no sense why he doesnt consistently play the same way here in the states as he does overseas.

Because a real tiesto set would be lost on the vast majority at Ultra sadly. The masses wanna hear his gay , the commercial that gets played on tv/radio....it's sad but thats just the way it is. It's like pvd playing this live set tonight, it's gonna suck donkey balls but will probably sell pvd a few more albums.
Section 8
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Brown

Yeah I think I will stick with armin tyvm but you see the difference is that armin actually plays good tracks and "in the dark" sucks and is flaming just like you said. And if tiesto is about tech why does he pretend to be something he's not?!

Charlie Brown
quote:
Originally posted by Section 8
Yeah I think I will stick with armin tyvm but you see the difference is that armin actually plays good tracks and "in the dark" sucks and is flaming just like you said. And if tiesto is about tech why does he pretend to be something he's not?!

Because he sold out and to be fair to him has made a lot of money from it. You can see in the way he is during his lame shows that he isn't really enjoying it, compared to how he used to be you can see it almost pains him to play his gayness.
snatonsb
You guys are crazy you expect too much. He did compared to last yr way better to last yr's horrible set by him. Commercial ...? Big whoop he dropped Traffic the crowd still went nuts and the vibe was still great what more do you want....? He had a nice set up too and didn't take long to start up.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement