return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2008

Pages: [1] 2 
Taxi Fares...
View this Thread in Original format
1drp4fn
First time to MIA and wondering what a rough ballpark estimate of what my cab fares will look like, Im from the NYC area and know the rates can suck in and out of NYC to NJ. Im gonna be staying right near MIA Int'l from Thurs afternoon-Sunday Night. Hopefully it wont be a nightmare in fares considering I will need about 12 seperate trips to and from the hotel and inbetween events...thx-

THURSDAY:
JUICY BEACH @ Nikki Beach
ANJUNABEATS 100 @ Nocturnal
FRIDAY:
MIAMI'S MOST WANTED @ Beach Plaza Hotel Rooftop
SASHA & DIGWEED CRUISE
ORGANIZED NATURE @ Pawn Shop
SATURDAY:
UMF: DAY 2
ARMADA NIGHT @ Parkwest
SUNDAY:
BEATPORT REMIX POOL PARTY @ National Hotel
epdarks
See Pats thread about public transportation.

Past year cabs from downtown to Sobe were $60 each way. That was a flat rate. Not terrible if you can find 5 people.

Also keep in mind 3 of the shows you are seeing are in downtown, cab should be under $20 from the airport.

We are staying right near you... what hotel are you in?
PatMcGroin
$60 from south beach to downtown?????

no way. it should be $20-25 max.

ep, what way did they take you dude???? you always gotta watch out for cab drivers that take you the long way.

cab fair from the airport to downtown or airport to south beach may be more. id say airport to downtown between $30-40 and airport to south beach $40-60. but those are just guesses.
DiegoParra32
i think he meant 60 round trip. i'ma little worried as well since i have to go to downtown and back twice although one of the times i'ma just take the bus since i'll be getting out of the club really late.
1drp4fn
Yeah Ill have 2 others with me to split the fare, not too bad, i guess it comes with the territory!
-staying at the "Extended Stay" I believe...
Charlie Brown
Airport - Sobe = $35 flat rate

Dont see why it would be any different during wmc but every time we head to Space/downtown from sobe it's $16-$20 max.....$60!?!? wtf
racing4hoes
Staying at 9th and Collins. Will need a taxi to on Friday after Ultra to SoBe to S.S.S and back to Space and then again on Saturday after Ultra to SoBe for the Hope party.
Ohms
I will be staying downtown.. Taxi Cabs aside.. How expensive or difficult to find is daily parking in SOBE if I decide to drive my car?..
djmanu
Do you think it's safe to take our car from DT to SB ?
Charlie Brown
parking in sobe is around $10/15 a day/night I believe, and free in the residential areas before 6pm? maybe 7pm?? Just make sure you move it no later as the local towing firm here are like vultures prowling the streets night and day.

Ohms
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Brown
parking in sobe is around $10/15 a day/night I believe, and free in the residential areas before 6pm? maybe 7pm?? Just make sure you move it no later as the local towing firm here are like vultures prowling the streets night and day.

Think thats what I will be doing...
life thru HD
yeah id be more worried about getting towed rather than it getting broken into
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement