return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Load Cubase project file in safe mode/debug/disable plugins mode?
View this Thread in Original format
Magnus
Is there a way to load Cubase SX 3 project file in a kind of safe mode or a mode that will at least load the project but disable plugins or VSTs or anything? Like a debug mode or anything?

This is kind of a bizarre situation, but I was working on a track and when you load 2 instances of a specific VST, the project and saving continues on as normal. However when you go to open the project, it hangs or Cubase gives you an error. No matter what, the project file will not open. I did not realize this until it was too late. I verified the plugin is the culprit by reproducing this behaviour on other machines and also by creating new, blank project and just loading 2 instances of this plugin and I get the same behaviour.

Furthermore, would there be a way to edit a project file and remove an instance of a VST? I know this is a long shot and the good news is I have a version of the project that is several hours old, prior to when I introduced the 2nd instance of the plugin. However its one of those things where there is really no way for me to know or remember exactly everything I did in those couple of hours.

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.
Kthought
Actually i ran into this exact situation buddy!

in your cubase file somewhere is a log of the crash and gives you the specific plugin that crashed the daw. as it turns out, it was my otiumfx compadre beatpuncher.

uninstall the plugin,
load project,
disable said plugin
save and exit
reinstall plugin
open cubase,
the project should load, plugin disabled, and should enable and perform as normal.

hope it helps! i accept payment in the form of bookings.
celestial thug
what plugin was that? just for refference
Magnus
quote:
Originally posted by Kthought
Actually i ran into this exact situation buddy!

in your cubase file somewhere is a log of the crash and gives you the specific plugin that crashed the daw. as it turns out, it was my otiumfx compadre beatpuncher.

uninstall the plugin,
load project,
disable said plugin
save and exit
reinstall plugin
open cubase,
the project should load, plugin disabled, and should enable and perform as normal.

hope it helps! i accept payment in the form of bookings.

Wow how interesting is this! Its exactly that same plugin you are having trouble with that is doing it to me as well, Compadre Beatpuncher!

Your idea of unloading works! Another idea I had to open the file is just to rename the beatpuncher.dll to something like .old, then when I load the project it won't be able to load it and the project will at least open. Either way will work.

Also I've written to OtiumFX's support about this problem so they are aware of it, but they never wrote me back. :(

Thanks again!
mysticalninja
take the DLL out of the vst folder, open project, take out one of the vst instances, close cubase, put dll back in folder, should be good.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement