return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Retired Forums > Canada - Western Canada

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 
2 hour Blank and Jones set...LAME!!!!!!!!!! (pg. 2)
View this Thread in Original format
xtr3m
Two hours is standard length for a prime time set here in Vancouver. Three hours if promoters decide to give us a treat.

Overall, it was a good night. I wasn't particularly blown away by the set.

Simon Patterson - Bulldozer is one bulldozer of a track.
Burgoo
quote:
Originally posted by edmund
Cool! Where did you go?


Its either called the world or the basement, its next to where capital six used to be. It was definitely an experience. Asian night, so myself and my other friend who are both tall towered over almost everyone in the place.
Atron84
quote:
Originally posted by DancePants
You shouldn't have to "endure" it though, as far as I can tell, Vancouver is the only place I've ever been where they have such short sets...Montreal, Toronto, L.A, NYC, London...They all manage to have longer sets...Are saying that Vancouver is incapable of hosting longer sets? It just makes me sad for this city, because there is no excuse.

But whatever...I stand by my statement of LAME.

That being said I did have great time last night :)


Well, we didn't earn the reputation for being a 'no-fun' city for nothing... But yeah, I totally agree that we shouldn't have to settle for the status quo. Maybe we should have campaigned harder for the Dance Party Party in the civic elections. I think part of their platform was to extend bar hours. ;)

Part of the problem is not the electronic music crowd, but the rest of the club-going public that necessitates a huge police force on Granville St. every Friday and Saturday and causes huge problems with fights and whatnot. I'm not sure what the solutions to these problems are, but they will have to be addressed before we can even think about getting longer hours and longer shows...

Having said all that, I'm glad you had a good time! U going to Deadmou5?
krysx25
ahhh the newbie complaints, I remember I had those too.
Untill one day you realize it's just the way things are and learn to accept them.

This is NOT Toronto, this is ... the edge corner at the end of the world.

I thought it was a great show btw, props to the MSH team.
And finally enough R-O-O-M to dance \o/ :gsmile:
DancePants
quote:
Originally posted by Atron84
Well, we didn't earn the reputation for being a 'no-fun' city for nothing... But yeah, I totally agree that we shouldn't have to settle for the status quo. Maybe we should have campaigned harder for the Dance Party Party in the civic elections. I think part of their platform was to extend bar hours. ;)

Part of the problem is not the electronic music crowd, but the rest of the club-going public that necessitates a huge police force on Granville St. every Friday and Saturday and causes huge problems with fights and whatnot. I'm not sure what the solutions to these problems are, but they will have to be addressed before we can even think about getting longer hours and longer shows...

Having said all that, I'm glad you had a good time! U going to Deadmou5?

Hey I've been here for just over 3 months now and I love Vancouver, I've met tons of friendly people and love the whole vibe you have out here.
I've seen my fair share of "crap" in the Toronto club district, it just seems like the public is a bit more "concerned" about it here, hence the crazy police presence. I agree though, I'm not sure what the solution is. I'd be curious to know why the club itself can't stay open even if they stop serving. People can only sober up or get high after that point, and I've yet to see a tripped out raver causing a problem ;) Unless it's too much hugging. LOL
I probably won't be going to Deadmou5, as I am trying to save for Vegas in November, and I find when I go out, the beer tastes sooo good, but my wallet doesn't like it. The next big show, I'll be at will be Gabriel and Dresden.
Atron84
quote:
Originally posted by DancePants
Hey I've been here for just over 3 months now and I love Vancouver, I've met tons of friendly people and love the whole vibe you have out here.
I've seen my fair share of "crap" in the Toronto club district, it just seems like the public is a bit more "concerned" about it here, hence the crazy police presence. I agree though, I'm not sure what the solution is. I'd be curious to know why the club itself can't stay open even if they stop serving. People can only sober up or get high after that point, and I've yet to see a tripped out raver causing a problem ;) Unless it's too much hugging. LOL
I probably won't be going to Deadmou5, as I am trying to save for Vegas in November, and I find when I go out, the beer tastes sooo good, but my wallet doesn't like it. The next big show, I'll be at will be Gabriel and Dresden.


Dude, where are you going in Vegas? I was there recently so I may be able to share some insight, unless you go there a lot, in which case my opinion will probably not matter much. I am going to G&D for sure! I hope you got your tix already...? Should be a great show.

But yeah, if people drank less and did more... haha. Yeah. In a perfect world... :D
Burgoo
quote:
Originally posted by Atron84
But yeah, if people drank less and did more... haha. Yeah. In a perfect world... :D


Or went sober, you don't need drugs to have fun :gsmile:, just run a lot to build up endurance.
Orko
Fact: Most DJ's don't know how to build a set longer than 2 hours (B&J included).
endure
it was short, but I thought a really good mix of their current favourites (from their The Mix radio show on di.fm) as well as their productions from years ago. I still wanted watching the waves, but whatever haha. I came home and also remembered Secrets and Lies.. that would have been another smooth melodic track. anyways, it sucks that it was short as I am also used to the 10pm to 9am shows in Montreal, but sometimes you just have to look at the positives, which are that we all had a fabulous night with a couple really fun germans :)
Man when they started with Project:Project, I went insane.. thats the one track from The Mix 40 that I wanted them to play soooo badly, so for them to start with it, I really got into the set from the beginning.
I loved how Piet kept on putting on the oldies and more cheesey trance (i.e. the final song.. my only complaint of the night), and you could hear and see Jaspa being like 'no no no...' haha. they seem like great guys! It was well worth the 7 years of wanting to see them for me :)
DancePants
I should probably add a retractment to the whole start of this thread. I was just annoyed that we had to stop dancing so early, as I didn't go out the night before to save up my energy for last night and I was raring to go when they stopped. (some of you might have seen me jumping up and down like a maniac near the front of the stage) I'm glad we get good acts like Blank and Jones in Vancouver, it's just too bad they have to stop so early. So thank you MSHsessions for bringing great acts to Vancouver...but if you can find it in your hearts please try to keep the music going till at least 3AM, even if it's a local DJ who finishes up the night...You can't have too much dancing ;)

DjCommisad
Its already been said in this thread, so to sum.

Most clubbers in Van don't show up til 1145, so they put main acts on at 12. All clubs close at 2, 2:30 if you're really lucky. Because of a lot of idiots who can't control their behaviour when they get all liquored up fri/sat nights all clubs (incl. edm acts) are subject to the 2am rule. You could campaign to have it lengthened, but other clubs would complain and they'd get lengthened and instead of cops pushing drunken fighters off the streets at 2, they'd be dragging even drunker, fiestier drunkards around at 3 or 4.

Until they can figure out a way to solve things properly, the law stays.
Maxis
I believe Markus Schulz played till 3 AM at sonar in July. Red Room closes at 3:30. All depends on the venue.
Good times yesterday.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 
Privacy Statement