return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > San Francisco Love Fest 2007

Surprise inflated door fees for LoveFest events.
View this Thread in Original format
satellitesf
It seems that most of the flyer I have seen this year for LoveFest have no door fee attached to them. Promoters will be charging whatever they feel like when people roll up to the door. Does this not seem a little crazy to anyone else?
feelingsofu4ia
quote:
Originally posted by satellitesf
It seems that most of the flyer I have seen this year for LoveFest have no door fee attached to them. Promoters will be charging whatever they feel like when people roll up to the door. Does this not seem a little crazy to anyone else?

That is what happens at all events...which is why you always buy presale, no matter what.
satellitesf
quote:
That is what happens at all events...which is why you always buy presale, no matter what.

We have been doing events for over 7 years and we have never jacked up are door prices. Just because a ton people are coming in for this thing doesnt make it right. It like paying $10 for a bottle of water. LAME.
MR STROKE
Ya, it does seem kinda of crappy...because you know Ruby+1015 will be charging 30-40$ @ the door...and I think the Skill/Spundae party is 75:nervous:

but 50,000 people have to party somewhere at night and they(and I) will bend over to pay for it:cool:
satellitesf
quote:
but 50,000 people have to party somewhere at night and they(and I) will bend over to pay for it

yeah, tis true. this is why i will never be a rich man.
DJ Taj
Some of the acts/marketing/costs (for "bigger" venues) that are booked are not cheap. Clubbing is a business not playland. We (1015) do our best to make it fair & reasonable for people to afford the cover & have a good time.

Presales are key to save El Mullah!!!
satellitesf
quote:
Some of the acts/marketing/costs (for "bigger" venues) that are booked are not cheap. Clubbing is a business not playland. We (1015) do our best to make it fair & reasonable for people to afford the cover & have a good time.

As someone doing events in "bigger" & "smaller" venues I know about act/marketing/costs.
So these venues should be the same on any given night at they are over LoveFest weekend. And you can't tell me thats the case for some. (And this is not me pointing the finger at 1015)
rizo
presales are always the way to go ($30 vs $40 for PvD) except for Mezzanine cause i could of saved myself $6 tonight if i bought my tix at the door :whip: also i hate all those people who bought out tix for Justice and are selling them for an arm & leg now :whip: :mad: :(
satellitesf
Some of these events dont even offer pre-sale tickets. Its pretty much like WMC as far as costs but I just don't see as many cool little things off the beaten path. Thats where I always seem have the most fun.
UFBeatjunkie
hahaha you guys should check out miami

UFBeatjunkie
ninetyninej
quote:
Originally posted by UFBeatjunkie

you mean this Miami?

CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement