return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Difference between UK and American CDJ 1000's
View this Thread in Original format
solex999
What's the difference between the American Pioneer CDJ-1000's and the UK version?

Do you need some kinda converter to use an American deck in the UK?
MattDomestik
quote:
Originally posted by solex999
What's the difference between the American Pioneer CDJ1000's and the UK version?

Do you need some kinda converter to use an American deck in the UK?

You need something like this! It should be no more than 10 pounds in an electronics store in the UK.
solex999

I brought a CDJ-1000 from ebay. It came with an American power lead (2 pin plug instead of 3).

I just stuck a UK 3 pin plug power lead in there (like the one in pic) and it worked fine.

Did I do wrong?

I'm not sure if the deck is a UK model or American model.

How can you tell?

(btw, it came with no box and no instructions).
MattDomestik
quote:

I brought a CDJ-1000 from ebay. It came with an American power lead (2 pin plug instead of 3).

I just stuck a UK 3 pin plug power lead in there (like the one in pic) and it worked fine.

Did I do wrong?

I'm not sure if the deck is a UK model or American model.

How can you tell?

(btw, it came with no box and no instructions).

If thats what it came with you should be fine. I don't think they make different models for the UK and the US its just the power supply chords that are different
solex999
It came with this lead (2-pin US):

...and I just replaced it with this UK lead:

I used no converter.
skip
i have no idea what voltages they use in the uk or usa, but if they differ you shouldn't just change it. you could break the whole cdj. also if there's a transformer (dunno if that's the right word, but the thing that converts the voltage to be what the unit wants) on the power cord it came with you should check that the one you replace it with has a similar one (one that converts it to the same voltage as the one it came with). lol, sorry if the text is a bit messy. i'm in a hurry and suck at explaining this in english. i hope you got what i meant though. :p
solex999
Argh! You've just given me a scare skip.

Does anyone know how you can tell if the CDJ-1000 is an American model or a UK model?
Rebel Brown
Seeing as yours came with an American plug I'd hazard a guess that it's probably American mate...
Freak
I have three US models.
They are dual voltage- but I still prefer to use the US plug with the transformer shown above. If it came with the two pin as pictured then it is a US model.

Still, you are a complete muppet.
Why?

Putting a UK plug on a US appliance and plugging it in without having a ing clue if it is dual voltage is not very clever

Lucky escape from frying a 110v with 240v

Way to go pedro.
J:\Digital
^^:stongue: .. I'm glad I didn't have to mention it..:crazy:

Stu Cox
quote:
Argh! You've just given me a scare skip.

Does anyone know how you can tell if the CDJ-1000 is an American model or a UK model?

Have a look on the back - there's a rectangle in the bottom right hand corner:

Just below where you've got the small "Pioneer" logo, if it's a UK/european model it'll say:

COMPACT DISC PLAYER
MODEL CDJ-1000MK2
220 - 240V ~

or if it's a US model it'll say:

COMPACT DISC PLAYER
MODEL CDJ-1000MK2
110V

for example

IF YOURS SAYS 110V AND YOU LIVE IN THE UK, DO NOT PLUG IT INTO THE MAINS...

...without an appropriate transformer, which it's very unlikely would come with it.
Stu Cox
quote:
Originally posted by Freak
If it came with the two pin as pictured then it is a US model.

Not necessarily true - my Denon DN-X1500 came with a US plug and it's a 230V model (bought new from a reputable dealer etc etc).
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement