return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Recording Question
View this Thread in Original format
Mike123
I just got a new g4 powerbook and I was wondering if anybody knows if there is a time limit on the amount of time you can record using Garageband. I want to use it to record my live DJ sets. If there is a limit on the time, what would be some basic and easy to use recording software to record live sets, that is Mac compatiable.

Rock On,

Mike
ASFSE
i dunno how Garageband works buuuuuut...

if its recording functions work anything like any other audio recording program, the recording time should be unlimited/limited to how much space is on ur HD. you should be covered for quite some time then if that is the case.

you should have tried recording a set first and tested it out yourself, that probably would have solved your question
:toothless
Mike123
Thanks for the response. I did end up recording a set first and it cut out a little over an hour into the set. Thats why I asked if there was a limit on the time. I didn't know if you could somehow change it in the menu, somehow? I guess it is limited then.What kind of recording software would you recommend?

Thanks, Mike
DJFreaq
That's all you need to know:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac
Mike123
Thanks alot man, you don't know how much help you are. I thought I was going to have to spend a couple hundred bucks on some recording software.

Rock On,

Mike
CReddick
try out Audacity.

its free, and open source for Mac OS X.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement