return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Other > Political Discussion / Debate

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
"The Corporation" A MUST SEE
View this Thread in Original format
shaolin_Z
An excellent documentary on the dominant institution of our age, exposing the nature of this parasitic entity.

stevieboy32808
10/10
You pm'ed me about this video and I absolutely love it. I'm glad it's finally on google for everyone to see. I highly recommend this!!!:eyespop:
metalgearsolid
Hey Z,

A question you might not be able to answer.

Can you find this series special for me on Google. I tried and I think i might be doing something wrong.

It's called, the state of Russia by more. Watch the preview it'll make you want to watch it....plz help me.

tathi
absolutely amazing documentary, i've watched it a few times, its eye opening and ing scary at the same time. 10/10
shaolin_Z
quote:
Originally posted by metalgearsolid
Hey Z,

A question you might not be able to answer.

Can you find this series special for me on Google. I tried and I think i might be doing something wrong.

It's called, the state of Russia by more. Watch the preview it'll make you want to watch it....plz help me.

You're right about that :p. I haven't even heard of it. TV series aren't necessarily the easiest things to find online. Sorry.
LuNaSeA
best documentary (from all points of view, including correctness, research, cinematography, etc) about corporations ive ever seen. extremely tasteful as well.

SYNOPSIS
THE CORPORATION explores the nature and spectacular rise of the dominant institution of our time. Footage from pop culture, advertising, TV news, and corporate propaganda, illuminates the corporation's grip on our lives. Taking its legal status as a "person" to its logical conclusion, the film puts the corporation on the psychiatrist's couch to ask "What kind of person is it?" Provoking, witty, sweepingly informative, The Corporation includes forty interviews with corporate insiders and critics - including Milton Friedman, Noam Chomsky, Naomi Klein, and Michael Moore - plus true confessions, case studies and strategies for change.

The corporation, if described as a 'person', would be classified as psychotic.
shaolin_Z
quote:
Originally posted by LuNaSeA
Taking its legal status as a "person" to its logical conclusion, the film puts the corporation on the psychiatrist's couch to ask "What kind of person is it?"

The corporation, if described as a 'person', would be classified as psychotic.

That's one aspect to the documentary that I absolutely love!
Capitalizt
too lazy to watch a 3 hour video.

Is this one of those marxist diatribes about how we need to destroy corporations? (thereby destroying MILLIONS of jobs, and forcing investors to park their cash in more sane places overseas?)
Temperate
quote:
Originally posted by Capitalizt
too lazy to watch a 3 hour video.

Is this one of those marxist diatribes about how we need to destroy corporations? (thereby destroying MILLIONS of jobs, and forcing investors to park their cash in more sane places overseas?)

Your username fits your personality well.
pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by Temperate

his username isnt head :conf:

metalgearsolid
quote:
Originally posted by Temperate

So does yours.
Yoepus
I tried watching this yesterday, but had to stop. This documentary is ridicilously bad.

First they begin with a 5-10 minute conclusion, basically telling you how corporations are bad, before presenting any of the facts, history, etc.

Next, they start the history of the corporation at some arbitrary point in time in US history, overlooking the significane of predecessor developments throughout the world. Corporations in similar form data back to ancient rome and possibly before. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporation#Origins

Entities like the Dutch East indies, and British West Indies companies (the largest pre-19th century corporations the world has seen) are not even mentioned in the origins of a corporations.

Instead the begining of the movie seems to actually dismiss its topic of examination right at hand. Instead of investigating a corporation, it investigates US Corporations; because apparently there is no problem with corporations operating out of other countries, its the American variety that does bad.

Another problem is you have people saying pretty outragous things about corporations (can't remember off the top of my head, but in the same vien as) "Corporations are an entity that has lead to the complete degregation of society and evil", and it is unclear who the speaker is and where the hell a statement like that came from. What are the assumption one is making to lead them to such a conclusion? And if it was such a solid conclusion, why lie in the cloud of anynomity?

Unfortunately this film is all about one liners, and little about the facts or evidence.

I seriously though, man, if some people heard what these people said they would dismiss them as cooks off the bad.

I gave this thing a try, but unfortunatly, they didn't even try to be evenhanded in their supposed 'investigation' of corporations. This documentary is more of a 'wtich hunt of corporations' then an investigation.

It would have been interesting to hear an even-handed examination looking into corporations. I supsect they would have found it does more good then bad, but perhaps that might not be the case. Regardless I think they would have found some interesting things about how corporations do effect society and what they have brought to it.

Oh well, enough rant.

But yea, stay aways, as capitalistz eloquently put, this is just one of those "marxist diatribes".
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement