return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Guide to EDM
View this Thread in Original format
RivalMan
Hey...

You guys know this:

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

It's the BEST guide to EDM, I've ever seen...

And you can spend hours just listening to each different sub-genre, see how they are interconnected etc.

It's entertaining and educating :cool:

I just nailed down that my favourite subgenre is called "Ibiza Trance aka Balearic House"...

Regards
dj_kane
interesting although i think he's biased as to what he likes
RivalMan
quote:
Originally posted by dj_kane
interesting although i think he's biased as to what he likes

Definately biased in his descriptions, but imho that's what makes them entertaining - even though I hardly agree with his opinions.

Quoting from "Dutch Trance":
quote:
The final betrayel. Trance is dead. Ferry Corsten killed it.

or from "Happy House":
quote:

I bet they play this kind of stuff to calm lunatics at insane asylumns locked in padded rooms with pink walls.

"Entertaining" is the word, I believe...

;-)

Regards
david.michael
Repost x a million ;)

But to inform you... the guide is written by a guy named Ishkur, who posts here, and everyone loves to hate him. One of my favorite posters, regardless of how much I agree or disagree with him. He is currently working on a v3.0 of the site.
G-Con
quote:
Originally posted by david.michael
Repost x a million ;)

But to inform you... the guide is written by a guy named Ishkur, who posts here, and everyone loves to hate him. One of my favorite posters, regardless of how much I agree or disagree with him. He is currently working on a v3.0 of the site.

Yes I hate him. Can't say i enjoy it though ;)
Mr.Mystery
Oh dear, here we go again.
dj_kane
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Oh dear, here we go again.

where are we going?
Mikk
I don't find that guide as funny as it probably is supposed to be. It may have some information to offer but it's all very biased anyway. Everybody could do a guide like that and they all would look very different from each other. I wish somebody else did though, with more serious approach.
NO!
It's an ok guide, but it shouldn't be taken seriously. Like people said, it's biased, and there are far more sub-genres. Most of the epic-trance that's listed there isn't even epic trance. It clearly shows Ishkur's hate for epic trance. The Thrillseekers - Synysthesia doesn't even belong there.
dj_kane
quote:
Originally posted by NO!
It's an ok guide, but it shouldn't be taken seriously. Like people said, it's biased, and there are far more sub-genres. Most of the epic-trance that's listed there isn't even epic trance. It clearly shows Ishkur's hate for epic trance. The Thrillseekers - Synysthesia doesn't even belong there.

he also puts for an angel with a bunch of cheesy track. come off it i no people have ripped the arse out of it but its a classic.

also i think this guy is a real house lover so usually house lovers hate trance. not all but alot.

Effero
I personally enjoyed this...there is some truth in his comments, and that hurts.
DigiNut
quote:
Originally posted by dj_kane
i think he's biased as to what he likes

Isn't that true of anyone, in any context, under any circumstances, by definition?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement