return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

iTTUSB: Turntable with USB Record
View this Thread in Original format
trance_freak
Have you guys seen this yet. A turntable that allows you to record via usb. http://ion-audio.com/products/turntables/iTTUSB.html

ION has created the world’s first USB turntable allowing you to convert your old vinyl collection directly to CD or MP3 with the included recording software. (NO SPECIAL DRIVERS NEEDED).

The ION USB turntable includes Audacity software for Mac/PC for recording as well as a trial of Bias Soundsoap 2 for cleaning and restoring vinyl.

This turntable also has line level output for connecting to any home stereo with CD or auxiliary (AUX) inputs.

This product is compatible with any software that supports USB audio input sound cards.
DavidL913
what a gimmick. I could just record using my USB audio interface and edit the snaps/pops or whatever using any soundforge or other programs.
DJ 00 Tommy
quote:
Originally posted by DavidL913
what a gimmick. I could just record using my USB audio interface and edit the snaps/pops or whatever using any soundforge or other programs.

Well suppose you didnt already have a recording interface and suppose you didnt pirate a copy of soundforge?

Audacity is completly free btw.

Its would be handy for ripping vinyl to mp3 if it has a good preamp and adc.
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by trance_freak

ION has created the world’s first USB turntable allowing you to convert your old vinyl collection directly to CD or MP3 with the included recording software. (NO SPECIAL DRIVERS NEEDED).

No they haven't, they just copied it from Numark. It even looks exactly the same.
Omega_Blue
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
No they haven't, they just copied it from Numark. It even looks exactly the same.

my thoughts exactly. it looks just like a numark tt. in gimmick.
Cheetah86
From looking around the site a little, ion appears to be numark.

Numark contact info:
Numark Industries, LLC
200 Scenic View Drive
Cumberland, RI 02864
USA

Ion contact info:
200 Scenic View Drive
Cumberland, RI 02864

Maybe they're trying to escape their reputation somehow by making a sub-brand with identical(TTUSB and PT01) products?
nutsan
yeah theres an ion ipod mixer too. mind alot of other companies have very similar products. gemini have lots of things that numark have. its very cut throat. numark seem to be more innovative and make their products more astectically pleasing than most in the budget feild.
i got big pants
i remember seeing the ion table over at bestbuy...talk about looking cheap and feeling cheap
Zoso
I know a lot of Numark bashing makes the rounds here, but I do have to say this: my pair of Numark TT1625s have performed flawlessly for me since last December. Granted, they may not power up tonight when I get home from work, but so far they've been great. They power up, they play, and they hold a pitch very, very well for a cheap set of decks. Of course I may have gotten a pair at the good end of the bell curve, if you follow my statistical analogy.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement