return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

 
need help setting up TT
View this Thread in Original format
DavidL913
I finally got my ST-150 from Stanton whichi s a huge upgrade from my old Stanton T.60 turntable. Can anybody help me out /w the numbers for height and anti-skate for on the nice NightClub S Carts from Ortofon. I looked online and can't find anything relevant. is tracking force=stylus pressure?

and also. everytime I do some baby scratches , the whole tonearm and cart shakes , but the needle stays on the groove.
DOOMBOT
0 for the antiskate and I would assume between 3 to 4 with the tonearm height setting. This is what I use for mixing... scratching, I dunno.
sr126
quote:
Originally posted by DavidL913
and also. everytime I do some baby scratches , the whole tonearm and cart shakes , but the needle stays on the groove.


all orts do that when eating your records for lunch. it likes priceless classics for dinner, and some ambient as a midnight snack. ;) j/k
sr126
seriously tho... it shakes because it's tracing the groove. if you let the record play, you will notice the cart/arm wiggle over the bassy parts as it moves across the vinyl. it shakes when you scratch, because it's retracing the groove at a much higer speed.

hold up a record, and look at it really closely... you'll see the groove is never really straight, there are some straight parts, wavy parts, and down right squiggly parts, depending on what's pressed.

worst case senario, probably something is loose. i doubt it though. so no worries.
Tsukai
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't anti-skate be the same as the counterweight on the tonearm.

This is the guide ive used to set up my decks.
Equipment setup tutorial.
Trogdor
quote:
Originally posted by Tsukai
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't anti-skate be the same as the counterweight on the tonearm.

No. If you're mixing, 0 is fine.

If you're scratching, get record with a track on only one side. Put the blank side up, and drop the needle on the record. Turn the anti-skate until the tonearm stops moving.


quote:
Originally posted by DavidL913
I finally got my ST-150 from Stanton whichi s a huge upgrade from my old Stanton T.60 turntable. Can anybody help me out /w the numbers for height and anti-skate for on the nice NightClub S Carts from Ortofon. I looked online and can't find anything relevant.

For Ortofon Night Clubs, 3g is recommended.
Your tonearm height is determined by the height of the platter. Make sure your tonearm is parallel with the record, and you're set.

Stanton's tonearms on the 150 are known to wobble a bit.
Timski
Sometimes the tone arms wobble on all decks, one of my 150's did it a while back and it was an easy fix... Just get a small flat head electronics screwdriver and tighten the tonearm screw at the top... Be careful not to screw it too tight and then jiggle the arm again till it no longer has that wobble feeling too it... Then Roberts your fathers brother.

Also about your tonearm height... just do it by eye so when the needle is placed the arm looks to be going straight.


Well done with the purchace of an st.150 also... you made the right choice.
DavidL913
quote:
Originally posted by Timski
Sometimes the tone arms wobble on all decks, one of my 150's did it a while back and it was an easy fix... Just get a small flat head electronics screwdriver and tighten the tonearm screw at the top... Be careful not to screw it too tight and then jiggle the arm again till it no longer has that wobble feeling too it... Then Roberts your fathers brother.

Also about your tonearm height... just do it by eye so when the needle is placed the arm looks to be going straight.


Well done with the purchace of an st.150 also... you made the right choice.


ya. I got 2 of em for 800 bucks....

the only BAD THING IS....It's the heaviest turntable out there. 35-40 lbs heavy that is.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
 
Privacy Statement