return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

(Search is down) External Soundcard Suggestions for under $200
View this Thread in Original format
DJ RJT
Search is down or I would have spent a bit more time looking for a thread on this, but in any event...

I need a new USB/Firewire or other option for recording sets, looking to spend around $200 at the most, suggestions from anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Rob
DavidL913
M-Audio mobile pre

M-Audio Audiophile is good too.
dark_Omens
Creative USB Sound Card. I have one, it works very well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...glance&n=172282
DJ RJT
Edit: NM, going with a USB Audiophile. :)
DavidL913
good choice.

what's the main diff. between the mobile pre and AudioPhile other than the MIDI I/O?

the website on M-Audio shows a huge price difference.
DJ Intrigue
quote:
Originally posted by dark_Omens
Creative USB Sound Card. I have one, it works very well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...glance&n=172282

I would highly advise against getting anything from Creative if you want to do recording. They are primarily gaming and entertainment cards and lack the proper drivers and features for audio recording. I actually just upgraded my Sound Blaster Extigy USB card about two weeks ago because I wasn't having any luck in recording some of my mixes. I ended up buying the Terratec Phase 26 USB, and so far so good... not to mention it sure blows the Extigy out of the water in terms of sound quality. However, the Terratec is about $250-275.

EDIT: Just saw you ended up buying the USB Audiophile, but I thought I'd add my input anyway. I was actually considering the M-Audio card myself, but in the end, I just wasn't all that impressed with it.
sr126
if you haven't purchased yet... check out the emu1212m it's sexy. it fits your budget w/money to spare.

i bought mine through ebay, from creative's store -they own emu.
my card was refurbished, and has a warranty. still working perfectly after 6months.
sr126
i need to improve my reading comprehension... or at least pay more attention to what i'm reading... i just noticed you're asking about an "EXTERNAL" card. not an internal like the one i was suggesting.

sorry, i don't have a recommendation for something in the price range you're looking for.
Timski
I have an edirol UA-EX1... Does a nice job i must admit..
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement