return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Spinning with different brand turntables
View this Thread in Original format
serginka
i have a numark TT200 and a technics SL-l800MK2. It seems impossible to put them at the same speed like a i saw others do. For instance in a club, this dj did not readjust the speed on his mixes until a minute or so. For me it seems i need to readjust every 10 to 20 seconds. Is that becuase of different brand of turntables? I mean regardless of frequency control. do i need to balance them? what to do. what to do.
sean5
wow & flutter on those tables aren't as good as 1200s or st150s. get some st150s and you won't be experiencing problems.
serginka
define flutter please
sean5
the way i understand it, the w&f shows how accurate the turntable is able to hold at each speed. so if the w&f is high, its speed will fluctuate and won't accurately hold the pitch that you set it at. the closer to 0 the better. i'm not expert on turntables, so you should probably just google wow & flutter.
serginka
how long do your turntables stay at the same speed before you have to adjust the speed?
dj_kane
was the dj using the exact same setup?

i find that any turntables apart from 1210s or 1200s need the pitch readjusted constantly. its annoying but you get used to it after a while.
sean5
with 2 1200s working in perfect order you should be able to hold 2 tunes in check for minutes with only very minor adjustments.
serginka
the only i know is that had two 1200 sl techniques. and once que matched his speed ... he could have both tracks playing for a minute and 30 sec in a full transfer from one track to the other.
serginka
"with 2 1200s working in perfect order you should be able to hold 2 tunes in check for minutes with only very minor adjustments."

and how long before you need to do minor adjustments?
sean5
use your ears :D and i don't have 1200s. i only have 1 good table (st150) and 1 not so good (str860)

dj_kane
not really minor adjustments. if you have it in cue before you begin to mix it in. it holds for at least 40 secs. ive never had to tweak it once i got it but i only hold a mix for about 30 - 45 secs.
serginka
alright. anything i can do to correct the quality... couldnt find anything on google.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement