return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
technics 1200 vs. pioneer
View this Thread in Original format
Emperor
hi there i used to dj/produce years ago but i have been out of it for a few years...I am now getting back into it a bit for fun and realize these days no one uses vinyl. I am wondering what i should buy. The Technics 1200 or some kind of Pioneer. Obviously what caught my eye for the Techs was the look. They are fancy ;)...but i hear Pioneers are the club standard. Can you guys recommend and compare what you think i should get?? I have never used them really so i dont know what to look for. They both have digital BMP (to beatmeatch easier i guess?).....what other things stand out??? thanks in advance.
jun139
i would go for the pioneers .. more specifically the CDJ 1000 MK3 .. hahaha .. pioneers produce one of the better CDJs out there.. haha i m gona get them soon too .
Emperor
someone mentioned that not all of them will play mp3's burnt on a cd? what is so good about the mk3? im not so soncerned about cheesy fx
Tony Morello
the mk3 will play mp3

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...threadid=326448
mzvirbulis
quote:
Originally posted by Emperor
...and realize these days no one uses vinyl.

mmmmmmmmmm.........

:rolleyes:

Still there are alot using vinyl, i will keep buying with no hesitation but cant wait for my cdj's!
Trogdor
quote:
Originally posted by Emperor
someone mentioned that not all of them will play mp3's burnt on a cd? what is so good about the mk3? im not so soncerned about cheesy fx
There aren't any effects on a Pioneer CDJ-1000. Any CD player will play mp3s burnt to CD audio. Most now play mp3s, which is useless for a DJ anyway.

What's so great about the mk3? It's not the SL-DZ1200.

Short answer to your original question? CDJ-1000mk3.

And yeah, I pretty much stick to vinyl when I can.
Scolomon
quote:
Originally posted by Trogdor
There aren't any effects on a Pioneer CDJ. Any CD player will play mp3s burnt to CD audio. Most now play mp3s, which is useless for a DJ anyway.

What's so great about the mk3? It's not the SL-DZ1200.

Short answer to your original question? CDJ-1000mk3.

And yeah, I pretty much stick to vinyl when I can.

pioneer cdj 200 and 100 both have effects
i have the 200, it's got wah, zip and jet. i dont use them all that much. just get a mixer with effects, get a filter and you can do basically whatever you want
the cdj 200's are really easy to learn on, the platter has great action and they are pretty durable, i love em
Trogdor
quote:
Originally posted by Scolomon
pioneer cdj 200 and 100 both have effects
Silly me! I was thinking of their "digital vinyl" line. Forgot about the 100 and 200, and I have a 100! :D
Emperor
well i still use mostly vinyl. but i just need something on the side. the pioneer sounds like its the better choice but it also costs tons. is the tech dz1200 good enough for now you think? its a hell of a lot cheaper.
djkoolaide
no. do not get the dz1200. if you just want a cd player on the side, and you absolutely must have scratching or a "digital vinyl" feel, go with a Denon DN-S3500.

Inertia
i say pioneer.

if you don't need to scratch, and want something really good, and at a great price, Pioneer CDJ-200. has the most accurate pitch you can find on any CD player, supports MP3, has a headphone out for cueing directly the deck (or for another output, 1/4") and is basically great. if you need to scratch, then check out the 1000s. i personally don't like Denons at all, because of the spinning platter, and because i've seen too much of the newer Denon decks break down on friends of mine.
Emperor
you say not to get the dz1200's>>?? can you tell me why? thanks
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement