return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

so im looking for some cheap monitors.
View this Thread in Original format
msz
was wondering if anyone had any experience with the following models. they seem to be cheap.

M-Audio Studiophile DX4 Professional Desktop Audio Monitoring System
$199 cdn

M-Audio StudioPro 3 Professional Desktop Audio Monitors
$99 cdn
kimchi
you could get a pair of krk rockit 5's for around 200-250 us. and they sound fantastic for what you pay
stefanoc
^^i hope u mean used. cause i paid 300 for mine brand new.

i totally recommend rokit 5, awesome for the price.
kimchi
i paid 225 for mines nib =)
Psiweaver
yeah krk makes some nice cheap ones.
Psiweaver
yeah krk makes some nice cheap ones.
punjabi
save up your money and don't buy cheap . i'd say get the krk rp5's at a bare minimum.
In-Dust-3
Look at the Diamond 8 series from Wharfedale great sound for the price

http://www.wharfedalepro.com/frames...or_diamond.html
Spirit5
quote:
Originally posted by punjabi
save up your money and don't buy cheap . i'd say get the krk rp5's at a bare minimum.

Yeah I agree. You'll be wasting more money buying cheap ones and then wanting to upgrade later to something better because the ones you have might sound really bad. The least amount you would want to pay on one monitor is $150, like for the RP5, so thats $300, and those will definitely last. But if I were you, i'de save up for one with an 8'' woofer, like the RP8 or the Event TR8 or M-Audio BX8, because those you can get by without a sub-woofer, but with a 5'' one, you will really need one to crank the volume up and the bass and higher end frequencies, which they can't produce without one.
i got big pants
those krk rockit 5's are going for around 150US...pretty good steal imo
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement