return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
feeling down about djing
View this Thread in Original format
Palladium
ive got my setup since 6 months

have had around 6 gigs...all of them i sucked...trainwreck, unharmonic mixing, bad eqs use, bad fx use

so im considering in sell my setup...thought djing was for me...but is isnt:(

i practiced almost every day...for 1 or 2 hours...but as soon as a trainwreck show up...i got pissed off...and turned all my off

but i will keep being an EDM fan:gsmile:

any comments?

EDIT: setup is

2x cdj-200
numark dxm-06
pioneer hdj-1000
Zild
You're not supposed to be good after 6 months. Keep practicing.
J:\Digital
quote:
Originally posted by Zild

+1...

You've got a really good setup... Don't give up after six months.. I didn't even get my first gig for almost 2 years... I'm still going at it.. had a down period of about 6-8 months cuz I was in a genre change.. but I knew I would stay in DJing.. It's just one of my two expensive addictive hobbies.. :D
Palladium
*off topic*

i wrote like arcadia190...that is contagious:wtf:
s3nate
quote:
Originally posted by Zild
tvmann
What's really down is when you actually get a DJ spot & spin really nice EDM & then...

someone comes up & asks for some Usher
someone comes up & asks for some Eminem
someone comes up & asks for some Sean Paul
someone comes up & asks for some Justin Timberlake
someone comes up & asks for some Beyonce
someone comes up & asks for some Mariah Carey
someone comes up & asks for some Pat Benetar
ibiza_cat
listen, heres the downlow,

you feel as if you are not good enough or you lack a certain sense of self esteem whilst djing due to your apparent poor performance in past gigs, so what!!!!
you think carl cox would be carl cox if he called it quits prematurely ? no chance.

your equipement is decent, take time to learn from your mistakes and dont be discouraged by mistakes, when you learn you grow, hone your skills and take time to perfect them to the best of your ability and i assure you you will adapt accordingly.

j
Clovis86
When I start to get bored with myself, I buy more music. The music is what keeps DJing interesting for me...trying new mixes...this track with this track...etc.

I dunno if I'm good enough to do this as more than a hobby for now...but I've gotten to the point where trainwrecks are starting to be very rare...so I think thats good.
DannyO
damn man, don't quit, 6 months is not long at all, you really can't expect to be very good after a short time, you need to give yourself a break, and sounds like you should change your attitude abit, next time you spin and you trainwreck, don't just turn it off and give up, carry on mixing, and don't try to make all your mixes sound pro like, just get on your decks and have fun, then have more fun and then more fun, don't worry about the outcome for now, just try things out, mess with the beats and without noticing you will pick up more skill.
Zoso
Don't give up just yet. I'm into my fourth month, and I am working with the Numark TT1625s, which most would argue are shiat for turntables. I am just now at the point where I am relatively comfortable beat matching. Give it some time. It will click for you. And there's nothing more motivational than pulling off that first smooth transition. :toocool:

ivanbee
just quit. you suck
s3nate
quote:
Originally posted by tvmann
What's really down is when you actually get a DJ spot & spin really nice EDM & then...

someone comes up & asks for some Usher
someone comes up & asks for some Eminem
someone comes up & asks for some Sean Paul
someone comes up & asks for some Justin Timberlake
someone comes up & asks for some Beyonce
someone comes up & asks for some Mariah Carey
someone comes up & asks for some Pat Benetar

Yup. The world has gone to s.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement