return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2006

Pages: [1] 2 
G&D @ BED review anyone?
View this Thread in Original format
peterdjsgirl
I was there and it was amazing!!! I searched and couldn't find a review anywhere, and was wondering what everyone else thought. (I am not a good reviewer) I know some of you had to be there.... the place was packed all night. The party of the week for me.
arturob
yea it was awesome indeed! i also enjoyed so much,,, :) i love the new male vocals from the album.

x arty
akkare
I was going to post a review, but I didn't have my camera for the show and so I didn't want to start the thread without pics/videos. I was there with some friends, including Dream Beamz who did get some pics/videos, and will post them sometime I'm sure. I've seen G&D before a couple times, however no one else I was with had before and they were all blown away by the set G&D laid down Sunday night @ BED. I'm not sure who opened for them, but she played a pretty slamming tech house set which wasn't bad at all, especially near the end. There were MANY new hot tracks I heard that night, as well as a solid mix of good tracks from last year from G&D. Heard several acapellas thrown over other tracks, as well as other neat Ableton mixes/etc. The place was pretty much packed the whole night, with the crowd being very into it the entire way through. I'd say this was my favorite party of the WMC for me, with the intimate atmosphere allowing G&D to really get into the crowd and they just wouldnt LET UP.

My memory is terrible when it comes to remembering tracklists after a show, but here's what I do remember:

Royksopp - What Else Is There? (Thin White Duke Mix)
Deep Dish feat. Stevie Nicks - Dreams (Axwell Remix)
Ozgur Can - Changed (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)
Markus Schulz - Without You Near (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)
Gabriel & Dresden feat. Molly - Tracking Treasure Down
Luke Dzierzek - Echo
Josh Gabriel - Alive
Nicol Spoonberg - Resurection (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)
Rachael Starr - Till There Was You (Gabriel & Dresden Remix) <-- Also had parts of this track over another track before it
Armin Van Buuren feat Nadi Ali - Who's Watching (Remy & Roland Klinkenberg Remix)
JFOS - Do what you want acapella'd over G&D - arcadia(?)
Armin Van Buuren feat Gabriel & Dresden - Zocalo
Dido - Don't Leave Home (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)
Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Dunno which mix?)
Motorcycle - My Blue Heart (Gabriel & Dresden Chocolate Poptart Mix)
Perasma - Swing 2 Harmony (Gabriel & Dresden Club Mix)
Duncan Sheik - On A High (Gabriel & Dresden Love From Humboldt Mix)
Gabriel & Dresden - Dub Horizon
Audio Bootyz - Bang Bang acapella over ???
That track that says "This.. is.. Miami"
Bigtop - Tidal
Police - SOS (Sander van Doorn Mix)
DaveT
Another San Francisco local, Scarlett Etienne, opened for G&D. Yes, she is very, very good...she is one that can actually get by with just her skills. :p

She worked on at least one track on their new album with them. Not as a vocalist, but purely as a producer. It's an instrumental...forget the name off the top of my head, but I really like it.

I'm sure they played a bunch of other new tracks with Molly on the vocals. The album has a ton of tracks with her. One is simply amazing, but I forget the name of it off the top of my head (still waking up :p)
peterdjsgirl
I wonder if you are thinking of Let It Go, or Dust in the Wind... and is the Scarlette track "Eleven" ? my favs are the male vocal tracks, though I love Molly too...

Who ever got pics, I can't wait to see them... I hope they got some of PVD giving support to the boys :0) That was the coolest night...
akkare
quote:
Originally posted by peterdjsgirl
I wonder if you are thinking of Let It Go, or Dust in the Wind... and is the Scarlette track "Eleven" ? my favs are the male vocal tracks, though I love Molly too...

Who ever got pics, I can't wait to see them... I hope they got some of PVD giving support to the boys :0) That was the coolest night...

Both PVD and Bunny from Rabbit in the Moon were there, and I remember when G&D were hanging out in VIP for Sander K during his terrace Space set as well. Pretty cool.
arturob
Let It Go is so goooooooooood!
Carriegsxr6
This party was ing insane. So many new tracks were dropped and they crowd went wild every time.

:eyespop: :crazy: :eyespop: :crazy: :eyespop: :crazy:
Dream Beamz
Ok, first off, I come in expecting a good chill relaxing night...... I was wrong. It was an awesome night, place packed wall to wall. The whistle crew was there in full effect, so was pvd and most of the rabbit in the moon team. The crowd knew most of the vocal tracks so crowd interaction was high, it was great to hear a crowd singing along. Here are my pics, video to come later

http://www.dreambeamz.com/G&D/DSC01689s.JPG

http://www.dreambeamz.com/G&D/DSC01691s.JPG

http://www.dreambeamz.com/G&D/DSC01693s.JPG

http://www.dreambeamz.com/G&D/DSC01697s.JPG

http://www.dreambeamz.com/G&D/DSC01698s.JPG
DaveT
quote:

Yeah, Dust in the Wind is the one I really like

And yeah, it's Eleven....my guess is that it'll be the 11th track on the album, lol

tmft
quote:
I was there and it was amazing!!!

I wish I'd been there! I was there Sunday morning for Thump Radio's live broadcast of Breakfast at BED--started at 7 AM. Around 9 AM I tried to do what comes naturally & nap--no sleeping at BED!

Breakfast was an amazing set--I told my friend J I thought the singer in the records was in the club.

J to me: IT's a RECORD. SPINNING WAX.

Me to J: No, I swear the singer is here!

I haul myself out of bed. They have a live soul singer singing. Squeezed into the DJ booth was a sax, keyboards, Guitar, & DJ. AMAZING! Plus I like being right.

Hope to see you some other time Bekah.

E
sheiqdaddy
I was there. FIVE ing hour set blew my head off. definitely going to see them spin at Sky lounge in Austin.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement