return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 
WMC Pro's and Con's aka The "How was your conference?" thread. (pg. 6)
View this Thread in Original format
DarkAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Elevation
Pro: Hangin out with DA & the LA TA's @ the Family Affair pool party

Oh yeah, man. Good ass times. :D

PRO: Surprising everyone @ Space for Armada Night
PRO: Meeting Blank and Jones outside Metropolis
PRO: Meeting Ali (Musiqzone), Beth (Destynee) and other out of town TAs
PRO: Experiencing my very first Pool Party with Elevation, Michelle and the other LATAs.
PRO: Meeting Kristina Sky, Sander van Doorn, Fei Fei and Tania Mann at the pool party.

CON: Armin's WHACK set
CON: "Tooth" :toothless Decay's WHACK ass set, save 2 songs
CON: Blank and Jones only playing 3 hours instead of 4
CON: Driving on South Beach being a mission and a half.
CON: Space Security being major s regarding cameras on PVD night.
CON: PVD taking 2 hours to pick the set pace back up.
vtec junkie
Pros:

Porterhouse @ Suite - Eli Wilkie and Porter were awesome.....great energy and vibe all night. Was cool so see so many DJ/Producers chillin and gettin down.

DJ T and Mandy @ Space - Ridiculous bangin minimal!

RRR @ Fairwinds - waited pretty long in line but $20 for all you can drink plus food = FTW. Great music also....Holden and Nic F were awesome.

Sander K @ Space - Sanders WMC sets get better and better every year.....this was sickest set I have ever witnessed Sander play (and that says alot when you live in NY and see him once a month.) Im talking bomb after bomb...insane bass lines.....Ive never seen the Terrace going off like it did this night. Hands down the best party this WMC imo. 8 Letters Three words / Love you some more bootleg.....:eyespop: :eyespop: :eyespop:

Pawn Shop 101 afterparty - The party on the padio was awesome....totally reminded me of DC10 in Ibiza. Luciano, Mr C, Damian Lazarus and Loco Dice were all great.

Danny Howells @ Pawn Shop - 10 hours of pure madness....nobody can program and marathon set better than this guy (well maybe DT) I danced my ass off the entire time. Alot of people are bitching about this place....how it's set up, looks ty...blah blah..w/e. Pawn Shop is the !!! I happen to like this venue more than Space (besides the terrace) It has that underground feeling.....no flashy lights or lazers....banggin system and great vibe. It the perfect house club.

Porter and Desyn @ Space - Porter layed down one of my favorite sets of WMC...this guy is always on point. Im a total Desyn whore and I have to admit that Porter was better than Desyn (but I only stayed for about 2 hours of Desyns set.....I finally ran out of fuel) Desyn's set was good but he started off too slow after Porter. Great vibe on the Terrace as always.

DT @ Pawn Shop - We stopped here on our way to the air port for a few hours to say goodbye to some friends. The party was still going strong at 2:30 when we left.

Cons:

Miami itself - I became so friggin sick of all the bling bling bull it made me sick. Walking down Collins and Ocean at night looked like a sence out of Boys in the Hood. What the happened to Miami??? The BP gas station on collins was like watching Cops live.....police ropes, people arrested, Miami Homiside, police dogs. I became so disgusted that I decided that this was my last WMC unless they move it to another city.

Cafeteria - This place is a ing joke. The SOS party on Sat was the party I was looking forward to the most. We get there and they were only letting people in on the guest list....took over an hour to mingle our way inside. Get inside and get a few drinks and had to take a piss.....the bouncer tells me I have to wait in line again outside the club if I go to the bathroom.....WHAT KIND OF IS THAT!?! Then he said they would open up the whole club at 12 and everybody can use the restrooms.....12 rolls around and hes taking bribes from people coming back from the bathroom.....I said this place and left.....I couldn't even enoy the music.

My girlfriend talked to Nic Fanciulli and he said this was the worst WMC he has ever been to as far as the club managers and gust lists. Apparently nobody on his list got into Space at all....they were all turned down at the door (luckily we never made it to Space that night or we would have been screwed) Alot of people are really disappointed this year....I really hope they move it somewhere else next year.
beema
quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie

Cons:

Miami itself - I became so friggin sick of all the bling bling bull it made me sick. Walking down Collins and Ocean at night looked like a sence out of Boys in the Hood. What the happened to Miami??? The BP gas station on collins was like watching Cops live.....police ropes, people arrested, Miami Homiside, police dogs. I became so disgusted that I decided that this was my last WMC unless they move it to another city.

Cafeteria - This place is a ing joke. The SOS party on Sat was the party I was looking forward to the most. We get there and they were only letting people in on the guest list....took over an hour to mingle our way inside. Get inside and get a few drinks and had to take a piss.....the bouncer tells me I have to wait in line again outside the club if I go to the bathroom.....WHAT KIND OF IS THAT!?! Then he said they would open up the whole club at 12 and everybody can use the restrooms.....12 rolls around and hes taking bribes from people coming back from the bathroom.....I said this place and left.....I couldn't even enoy the music.

LOOOL
completely agree with you on those!

Pros:
- RRR @ Fairwinds was incredibly good -- free beer, free food, cool crowd, incredible sets from holden & fanciulli.

- Sunday School 1o1 @ pawn shop. Pawn Shop has to be the coolest place Ive ever been to. Just loved it completely. 6 hour 3-way tag-team with Richie Hawtin, Loco Dice, and Luciano!!! Steve Bug and Matthew Johnson also blew me away.

- Door manager at Space on wednessday: let me in free even though they couldn't find my name on the guestlist for some reason. I was amazed!

- FOOD! Sushi Rock SOBE - that place is greaT! Food is awesome and they give you a ton for your money. PIzza Rustica -- sooooo good.

- Going to Subway with Mike and Markus Schulz -- too funny.

- Remix hotel: I really liked those parties a lot. Cool place, lots of stuff to do, good sets. The highlight being seeing Chris Liebing in the pouring in monsoon rain with about 15 other people on Thursday! He was mixing through f'ing towels! SUch a great guy and incredible dj.

- Sven Vath @ Nocturnal. WOW, so glad I went to see him! Plus finally a club that serves something besides redbull. Kudos to Nocturnal for having Rockstar. Holden was insanely good too!

- no pat downs at any clubs ever.

- hearing famous DJ's dropping some of the tracks I charted a month ago. :D

Cons:
- WTF, was the entire city of Miami under construction? There was hella traffic everywhere always!

- Lame hotel. Room wasn't cleaned and prepped when I arrived, shower constantly burned me, and they tried to kick me out a day early!

- Ludicrously longass busrides to Sobe or blowing half my money on cab fare. Great transportation options :rolleyes:

- being on my feet for so long that they were in terrible pain and blistering.

- Finding a cab after crobar - took me over an hour, wtf... :whip:

-Being too tired to enjoy Cox @ Crobar

- Mansion: that club is beatiful when you first get there, and just massive and grand and awe inspiring. BUT jesus christ, 80% of the floor space is ing VIP!! There is NO dancefloor!!!?!?! How can you have a club that huge and not have a dancefloor?! Very lame.

- being under the impression that my camera was lost for 2 days.

thats all I can think of for now!
LiquidX
Blame the MMC ! :wtf: heh
LiquidX
Okay here it is.. while everybody is out heh.

Wednsday
Pro: Matthew Dekay's last hr @ Space, Armada Night.
Pro: Adam Bayer @ the terrace
Pro: Markus Schulz Set W0W @ Space wed

Con: Armins set
Con: Mauro Picotto spinning on terrace... he belongs on the main room, thats where he destroys it proper.

Thursday

Pro: John Digweed @ Pawn Shop<< thank god I chose this party, it rockedD!!!!!

Con: not enough time to party more!!!

Friday

Pro: BBQ relax @ Fairwinds.. best slick move ever to skip the line heh. Drink all u want and eat + great Holden set and good vibe.

Con: South beach getting mixed with memorial day people on WMC????

Saturday

Pro: Fun time @ Ultra. i know bunch of peeps had issues, I still had a blast listening to so many great sets with such a great vibe.

Con: got f$!cking cold!!!

Sunday

Pro: TIESTOOOOOOO.. WOWW!!!!

Monday

Pro: Random night with friends ending it up @ Cafeteria with Pete da Zouk I think it was.

Con: F$!@$cker bouncer at screwing our entry to Digweed.. guy was not linear at all, and them bitching about cameras. WTF this year.

Con: Screw high prices..
Slylee
quote:
Originally posted by Renzo
I'd like to say a personal thank you to Slylee. Wow, this bitch gives such amazing head.

hahah u wish! like i would touch ur ugly, wetback lookin ass with a 10 ft pole. :p
dcctnycprincess
how many dj's do you see in this pic?

vtec junkie
quote:
Originally posted by dcctnycprincess
how many dj's do you see in this pic?

DC10 IN MIAMI!!!:crazy:
girllovingtvibe
ya know what - pretty much all pros for me - except getting feckin locked out (after only leaving for a second) from the Shelbourne's "Shine" just before MARK FARINA's set...argh
dcctnycprincess
quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
DC10 IN MIAMI!!!:crazy:

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

amazing party

Elevation
couple more pros::

Walking in SOBE thursday night with Leama when all of a sudden a girl starts screaming out of her hotel window about how much she hates people that walk on the sidewalk at night and how much they suck...and then hearing Leamas response: (imagine this with an english accent...and a girl with her head out of a hotel window 2 stories up): "You know what sucks? people screaming out of windows, thats what sucks" LMFAO- CLASSIC!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Going to Subway w/ Markus...you had to be there to understand why this was just hilarious.

one more con...

the hiphop fest in southbeach..nothing against those people but does ur music have to be so freakin loud?
FallingMoon
Also forgot one more CON:

I didn't get to meet many TAs like I thought :( grr @ yous

OH & totally agree with V-Tech on the ghetto scene in Sobe...I was on the beach on Saturday & it was effing G H E T T O!

I was like uuuh is this WMC or a ghetto convention? So many "gangsters" walking around with loud hip hop on & I was like um where the fcuk is the EDM? you would think that they'd leave the beach for that one week since they have the REST of year but nope it seemed there was more ghettoness there than EDM fans.

I LIVE here & it was really WHACK! Must have sucked for you out-of-towners.

Even when I was @ Space there were trucks passing by pounding some gay ass hip hop all distorted! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement