return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2006

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Porterhouse @ Suite Review Thread
View this Thread in Original format
DJ RJT
Originally posted in MWTA:

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel K
mark knight...luke fair.... DESYN?!!?!?!?!

yeah ok, maybe im a bit jealous... what a great start to the weekend for ya guys.....

Don't be.

Fair and Masiello were lies, advertised all over Suite, just to get people in the door. They gave us the run around all night before finally telling us that Luke and Desyn just "left."

:wtf:

And beyond that, it's 3 AM and we just got back from a club because PORTER SUCKED! It was easily the worst set I've heard from him and without a doubt one of the worst sets I've ever seen out live. Boring, predictable, abrasive, and completely uninteresting. I've heard Top 40 jocks mix and program in a more meaningful way than Steve did tonight...

On the plus side, Phil & Fluff were AMAZING as openers, far better than Eli or Steve, and were some of the nicest cats I've ever met. They had the dancefloor packed for the second hour of their set, and when Eli came on he played pretty solid to start, but proceeded to get a lil rough until finally Bon Johnson came out to do his utterly terrible and absurd "song" before Porter came on and ruined the night....

Oh well, there's always Diggers tomorrow... :)

and just so you guys don't think RJT is crazy, this is lucid.... and i approve and agree with this post 110%!!! i just can't get into the megamix style, but the openers were WELL worth the $20 alone it cost. oh, and telling us a ing sick lineup that cooincidentally just didn't "work out" FTL!!!!
djarecebo
(Clevername posting from aracebo's account, too lazy to log out)

-------------

quote:
I've heard Top 40 jocks mix and program in a more meaningful way than Steve did tonight...

:p

Hope you're having fun at Sasha. I didn't get in to zab tonight ftl :( Hope it goes better tomorrow night at desyn.
BiG MiKE
Porter could play and I think he wouldn't care, lol. He'll still get paid in the end.
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by BiG MiKE
Porter could play and I think he wouldn't care, lol. He'll still get paid in the end.

He should be paying me.
Groundhog Boy
quote:
Originally posted by BiG MiKE

Mike, why would you say that? I've talked to Steve several different times when he's been playing in New York and he's been nothing but a nice guy who seems pretty dedicated to the music and his fans. Ask hitokiri about when Steve was giving him advice at Cielo one of the last times he was there.

Sorry to hear he played a ty party for you guys down there.
VisionsofPVD
I honestly thought Porter's set wasnt that bad...and when did they ever promise Desyn Masiello to be there?? Check out the flyer below:

http://www.djsteveporter.com/index2.htm

THe main thing about this event was the great, musically savvy crowd, who were mostly there for quality beats rather than just trying to be in a cool venue. Too much pretentiousness in miami...so it was a nice warm-up party for the rest of hectic week for me. Got a chance to hang out with Second Sun and Serge devant at the party as well, who were only there to listent to some good music...nice to see.
;)
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by VisionsofPVD
I honestly thought Porter's set wasnt that bad...and when did they ever promise Desyn Masiello to be there?? Check out the flyer below:

http://www.djsteveporter.com/index2.htm

THe main thing about this event was the great, musically savvy crowd, who were mostly there for quality beats rather than just trying to be in a cool venue. Too much pretentiousness in miami...so it was a nice warm-up party for the rest of hectic week for me. Got a chance to hang out with Second Sun and Serge devant at the party as well, who were only there to listent to some good music...nice to see.
;)

Did you not see the pink flyers everywhere in Miami?

:conf:

And I still think Porter's set was rubbish.
lücid
quote:
Originally posted by VisionsofPVD
and when did they ever promise Desyn Masiello to be there??

Suite updated their site with information that said "Desyn Masiello, Luke Fair, Mark Knight, & Cedric Gervais" would all be there... those names were also listed on the HUGE poster that was hanging inside the front window @ Suite... not to mention, when we asked several people on the staff when and what room these guys were going to be playing in, they answered our questions as if that line-up was for real, telling us they would be going on downstairs around 12:30 or 1am.

i tried not to get my hopes up a few days prior to this event just because i wasn't sure if it was true or not, but when the poster AND staff confirms that very evening that the line-up is "real" i believed i was actually going to see those guys that night... and i was certainly let down when we found out it was all fake. i think they just used those names to get more people there... pretty ty thing to do if you ask me.
djarecebo
FTGDMFL
lücid
quote:
Originally posted by djarecebo
FTGDMFL

our balcony party > Porterhouse

:cool:

DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by lücid
our balcony party > Porterhouse

:cool:

+2

fock ya!

:toocool:
tribalsoundz
hey guys, adam here, the promoter of the porterhouse party.

sorry you didn't enjoy yourselves at our party. we thought it was great and had over 1000 people for a wednesday. i am baised, but everyone we spoke with had a blast. we try our best to make these porterhouse parties special and i am sorry you didn't enjoy yourself.

i thought steve played great and he was having a blast.. i agree with you; eli and phil and fluff did great.

as for the error with luke and desyn, that sucks, and i can assure you we had nothing to do with that as it was the venue's mistake and it was only put on their website 2 days before our event and our ads never advertised them playing.

hope you all had a great miami trip. i miss it already.

All the best,
Adam
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement