return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

New HAK 380 from ECLER released!
View this Thread in Original format
Soundwerks

(courtesey of Skratchworx)

ECLER HAK 380 HIP-HOP DJ MIXER

ECLER has launched an all new HAK 380! Designed to be the ULTIMATE scratch mixer, the HAK 380 has many advantages over the HAK 360.

These include:

Ultra resistant selective anodized serigraphy
Black aluminium face plate
New ergonomic knobs
Scratch Cue mode
EQ vertically displayed for an easier manipulation
EQ OFF switch
FX return PFL
FX DRY/WET crossfader
Double crossfader shape adjustment
Double cut in time adjustment
Headphones mute switch
Headphones mini jack connection
New phono grounds
Output mono L+R switch
Output 1 +6dB level switch
Triple output1 connections: XLR, RCA and 1/4" Jack

"The Scratch Cue is a smart microprocessor driven feature that allows performing with the crossfader in your headphones before doing it live. Therefore you can practice scratch and adjusting crossfader shapes and cut in on the headphones.

To activate this feature you press Scratch Cue and go to one of the extremes of the crossfader. The crossfader is then bypassed: you hear it in your headphones but the signal doesn't go to the Master Out. The smart crossfader is driven by a microprocessor that memorizes the extreme of the crossfader where you activated this feature and won't deactivate it until you reach it back (all the process is assisted by a led flashing green, amber or red). This way we make sure that the crossfader goes back to normal mode in the same physical position and avoid the other channel signal fade in suddenly if we leave the crossfader in the middle by mistake.

This is additional to the HAK-360 - not a replacement.
Yhe line fader curves have been fixed. Better sound and quality.
The Eternal fader is unchanged but has a new microprocessor driving it.

The line faders have been made much better by fixing the soft curve. The FX loop has been improved with real wet/dry controls and monitoring as well. The faceplate is now a brushed steel anodised affair so the marking won't wear off. Outputs have been improved with XLR, RCA and jacks as well and headphones are regular jacks and mini-jacks.

:eyes:
Spirit5
Sounds cool but I think the majority of the DJs on TA don't really need or use a mixer like this. I mean I could be wrong...but i've noticed the vast majority just mix progressive, house, trance and some techno (or maybe add some effects with an effector), they aren't big into scratching or hip hop...they would benefit from a mixer like the Ecler Nuo series, but not something like this...seems more for turntablists then club/mix DJs.
Zild
I'm in love. I only use battle mixers at home, and that's a feature I've always wanted in a battle mixer.
tvmann
I was doing a demo in a club last night and they had a HAK 360 which surprised me. The 380 looks almost exactly the same.

The place was recently renovated and this Ecler might be a new addition. It doesn't seem to be the right type of mixer for them as it's a scratch/battle mixer and that never happens here, they just play those club subscription CDs, rock/top 40 etc. You could also the 360 as ordinary an 2 channel mixer but for most clubs you probably need more inputs.

They had 2 CD decks as inputs so I just removed one and plugged in the laptop which I DJ from (mostly house). There might have been another way for me to hook up but I didn't want to mess around too much.

Very slack night, Thursday, no customers at all and I was there about 3 hours!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement