return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Frequently Asked Questions / Tutorials / How do I?

task manager lost!!!..?!
View this Thread in Original format
SgtFoo
About a month ago, I was able to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and when I clicked on "task manager" I would get the task manager. Now.. when I do it, I don't get task manager.

On a side, note, I've been killing off ALOT of ad-ware, via lavasoft's ad-aware... if that's related.

I've also got a program called "autoruns" to help control the non-windows apps running on startup & in the background.

How do I recover my task manager???
Is there something better than Ad-watcher (by lavasoft) for keeping ad-ware OUT of my computer while surfing?
M3T4Lhead
If you are still having the problem, try this program http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils...mgrenab.zip

I reccommend using Ad-Aware by Lavosoft, as well as Spybot Search and Destroy. When you run Spybot S&D, you have the option of immunizing your computer, which will keep out a lot of pests. If you think you still have a lot of spyware and adware on your computer, you can download hijack this and then either learn to troubleshoot the log yourself (if you have a good amount of computer knowlege), or post it here.
Timski
Try hitting Ctrl+Shift+Esc and see what happens...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement