return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
FX processors
View this Thread in Original format
L.E.N.
I searched but didnt find a thread that covered different reviews and first hand expereances of different FX machines. (if there is one please add a link) Ive been looking at these but have no idea what types/companies have been putting out quality stuff like this. Im assuming I cant go wrong with the pioneer but Im sure Id be overlooking a couple options. Id just like to use this with my lil' DJM-300S seeing as its been working perfect for 6+ years.If I do get a new mixer it would be the new DJM-400 but Id rather not.

If you have one or use one often please throw in your two cents
DJ RJT
I love my EFX500, it takes a bit of getting used to the fact that some of the effects on it need to be used in a bit more subtle manner than others (For example the Ring and Fuzz effects I usually use in a very minimal sense, without ever really opening the effect up wide), but after playing around with it for a couple months now I can easily say that I love it, and can't imagine really playing without one.

With that said, I do believe I'll also be purchasing a Kaoss Pad KP2 in the near future. I've only played with that one a couple of times, but I REALLY dig how you manipulate the effects with your fingers. You can make some c0razy noises with that thing... ;)

All in all, effects have definitely added a whole new level of enjoyment to mixing for me... Good luck to you m8, hope you find something that suits you!
L.E.N.
Thanks RJT....you have actually mentioned my top 2 picks, but I just wanted to get second opinions. I should probably go down to guitar center and try them both in person. I was just looking for a "top 5" so I can narrow it down to my personal preferance. I didnt want to over look one.
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by L.E.N.
Thanks RJT....you have actually mentioned my top 2 picks, but I just wanted to get second opinions. I should probably go down to guitar center and try them both in person. I was just looking for a "top 5" so I can narrow it down to my personal preferance. I didnt want to over look one.

I've heard wonderful things about the Alesis effects units too, but have never once used them... I'm hoping that I can get a shot at them at the new GC they just built in my home town :)
OMNIFEX
I picked up an Alesis Philtre for $50.00

Its basically, a High Pass,Low Pass,Band Pass, &
Band Stop filter. Offers Frequency, Regen, Rate,
and, Depth controls. 24 Bit/48,000 Khz Sample Rate.
Modulation features; Triangle, Sample/Hold, Enevelope
Pattern, and, Tempo Sync.

Stereo too :D
L.E.N.
But what do you think of it....sure $50 is a good price but if only good for a couple things Id rather spend more. How about some input on your expereance using it?
OMNIFEX
I'm very happy with it.

I'll post a clip so you can get an idea.
OMNIFEX
Listen For Yourself. Keep in mind I only had it for a week, and, haven't
really used it.
djkoolaide
that sounds damn good for 50 bucks :eyespop: :eyespop:
alefort
quote:
Originally posted by djkoolaide
that sounds damn good for 50 bucks :eyespop: :eyespop:

I agree........WOW, I'm seriously looking into one of these little things...

failsafe
how does it connect? is it via send/return or do you run your master into it and then onto your amp?
Danila
yeah what ^^ asked, I dont have send.receive on my mixer for my 2 channels :o
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement