return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Mackie d.2
View this Thread in Original format
djkoolaide
I know it's a battle mixer, but knowing how their studio boards sound, I'm thinking this thing has beautiful sound quality. Anyone had any experience with this mixer? I'm really thinking about getting it, and I love the firewire option too. Any reasons I should or shouldn't get it?

Max Thomson
I just checked it out, and while I'd never buy it cuz its only 2 channel, I can easily see why you would. I'm sure the sound quality is unreal, and those backlit EQs are really cool looking. Heres the link for anyone thats interested-

http://www.mackie.com/products/d2/index.html
djkoolaide
Yes 1
No 0

:p

Any other opinions?
InterMilan31
quote:
Originally posted by Max Thomson
I just checked it out, and while I'd never buy it cuz its only 2 channel, I can easily see why you would. I'm sure the sound quality is unreal, and those backlit EQs are really cool looking. Heres the link for anyone thats interested-

http://www.mackie.com/products/d2/index.html

exactally what you said wouldnt buy it cuz of the lack of channels but man its cool
piggy
Noob question: What exactly is a battle mixer?

Any other personal experiences with this mixer?

I'm looking at 2 channel mixers and it seems like this is at the top of the list in terms of quality and performance.
skot_e
quote:
Originally posted by piggy
Noob question: What exactly is a battle mixer?

Think hip-hop.

i like the idea of the optical x fader. It wears out most on mixers. i wonder how true their claim of bullet proof is tho.
Psiweaver
very cool mixer. i've got to imagine its fairly nice. i dunno about best battle mixer though, rane makes a very nice one as does allen and heath.
piggy
Hm, so would this mixer not be good for mixing EDM?

What other 2 channel mixers would you guys recommend? I'm looking for a fairly good mixer but I really only need 2 channels..

Zild
Battle mixers are the ultimate. I wish every club had a Rane TTM 56 permanently installed for my abuse.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement