return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 
Chord Progression in Epic/Anthem/Progressive Trance (pg. 8)
View this Thread in Original format
TVG
quote:
Originally posted by MadThijs
because......??!!

Because the things you post sound like something that would come out of the mouth of a crack addict. I think you've stumbled upon the wrong site man. This is TranceAddict not CrackAddict.
Tech0rz

Yes, it sounds like the theme tune from some movie called 'My struggle with Crack' when the guy is at his lowest point ready to end it all, but it's not that bad.
MadThijs
I'm sorry you guys in this topic(you know who I mean) have such a limited point of view/arrogant point of view.
I'm off for good. Keep on smoking till your :eyespop:!!!
Since Forever
Im going to try and find that "Harmony and Voice leading book" at my local library. It seems some of the reviewers on amazon claim its not for beginers, what level should I be at before starting this book?

Also, I read somewhere else that all trance songs are in a major key, while here it says most are in minor, so which one is it? Or are there really no set rules on this? sorry if this was already discussed somewhere between page 3-6 but there was alot of talk that could as well have been "blah blah blah" to me.

MadThijs,

I don't know if your into philosophy of music or what, but Ive learned one thing in my studies of philosophy; don't run on at the mouth about stuff that the majority of other people don't want to think or hear about. To most people that is gonna sound like and you can sit here and say that sounding like is subjective, but this is a public forum for TRANCE music and thus the majority of people here could probably give a rats ass.

Ps, I did listen to crazy kitten or whatever its called, and it makes me feel like im about to go nuts, which is cool and all but I don't wanna go crazy so I stay away from that type of stuff. If it means anything to you....."godspeed you black emperor" also makes me feel like im going crazy.
MadThijs
Thanks for your post first of all.

quote:
Originally posted by Since Forever
Im going to try and find that "Harmony and Voice leading book" at my local library. It seems some of the reviewers on amazon claim its not for beginers, what level should I be at before starting this book?

Beginning with classical or jazz?
quote:

Also, I read somewhere else that all trance songs are in a major key, while here it says most are in minor, so which one is it? Or are there really no set rules on this? sorry if this was already discussed somewhere between page 3-6 but there was alot of talk that could as well have been "blah blah blah" to me.

Well I am happy we are free to decide if we use minor or major. It depends on what kind of melody/ sound your after

The difference between major and minor is they start on a different note but use the notes of the same scale. Or the place where there is no half note distance between two notes(no black key on the piano) is different in major or minor.
Also with explaining this I have to re read my theory book. This is how I remember. It's difficuilt to explain it correctly if it's so obviuos for yourself.
For example
The first minor or major trance track you could make is in C major. If you start on A your it's in A minor.
In notes
C major C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C
---------A minor: A-B-C-D-E-F-G-A-B
This is enough for now an minor and major.
Can anyone come up with a melody with only a C note playing in the bass? Post the midi!!
This is the beginning
quote:

MadThijs,

I don't know if your into philosophy of music or what, but Ive learned one thing in my studies of philosophy; don't run on at the mouth about stuff that the majority of other people don't want to think or hear about. To most people that is gonna sound like and you can sit here and say that sounding like is subjective, but this is a public forum for TRANCE music and thus the majority of people here could probably give a rats ass.

There was one question how many chords fit in 16 bars.
quote:

Ps, I did listen to crazy kitten or whatever its called, and it makes me feel like im about to go nuts, which is cool and all

If some people said that earlier I stopped writing posts after one reply. My teacher in composition says: Who cares if someone thinks it sounds horribble.
I'll just use it for composition and you might find a horrible cat in the music production thread.
Please reconsider whom you address these comments about philosophy. If you noticed the comments of Diginut, I agreed with him, you'll understand why I continued responding, I couldn't agree with RichieV's Tonic story. Reread my comments and tell me what you think, PM or a post.
DJ Initial
quote:
Originally posted by TVG
Because the things you post sound like something that would come out of the mouth of a crack addict. I think you've stumbled upon the wrong site man. This is TranceAddict not CrackAddict.

lmao

Am I the only one who thought it sounded kinda cool? Not conventionally, but with the unintentional dissonance and stuff...
mysticalninja
quote:
Originally posted by RichieV
http://www3.telus.net/joanmey/choir-01b.mp3

take a listen . 90% of this musical example was done 100% on paper without even listening to it just following tonal theory. IT is that easy.

what a boring melody
RichieV
lol

did i get you so hot and bothered that you had to go dig up an old thread i posted in months ago ? Did i hurt your feelings ? Tell you what , if you can actually tell me what chords i'm playing , i will give ya a million dollars. Or maybe you could post your rave revolutionizing harmonies because just like jesus died for our sins, you are some sort of trance saviour.
mysticalninja
ummm, no. you're the one here who thinks they know everything there is to know about music, not me. you can't handle the fact that I don't think theory is helpfull, I actually think its UNHELPFULL. This makes YOU hot and bothered, not me.
RichieV
then why would you dig up an old thread ?

Your panties are obviouslt in a knot. I'm still waiting to hear some of your little nuggets of musical brilliance.

DJ Shibby
quote:
Originally posted by mysticalninja
ummm, no. you're the one here who thinks they know everything there is to know about music, not me. you can't handle the fact that I don't think theory is helpfull, I actually think its UNHELPFULL. This makes YOU hot and bothered, not me.

You don't want to be hot and bothered? :o
mysticalninja
Actually I was digging up your old threads looking for some of YOUR music 'nugglets' (lmfao) of music genious.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 
Privacy Statement