return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Leonardo Da Vinci was smarter than Albert Einstein.
View this Thread in Original format
wwu.punisher
I've been reading up on Da Vinci a lot lately because I've been making my way through Dan Brown's books. (Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code, etc.) I have come to the conclusion that Leonardo Da Vinci is likely the most intelligent human being that has ever lived. If you get the chance, check out his estimates about our solar system. His deductions are on par with what NASA has discovered using the most advanced telescopic technology available... and Da Vinci did it in the 1600s.
apostrophe
Absolutely. When I read Brown's books, I did the same thing, looking into all the amazing stuff that Da Vinci was involved in. It's crazy in how many fields he "dabbled" in.

One smart mengg. :thepirate
flavdave
I wouldn't be so bold to say he was smarter than Einstein. Da Vinci was definitly the epitome of a Renaissance Man, but I think you can't fairly compare the achievements of him and Einstein and say one is smarter than the other.
wwu.punisher
quote:
Originally posted by flavdave
I wouldn't be so bold to say he was smarter than Einstein. Da Vinci was definitly the epitome of a Renaissance Man, but I think you can't fairly compare the achievements of him and Einstein and say one is smarter than the other.

I guess I would argue that Da Vinci is "smarter" than Einstein in that Da Vinci was a pioneer whereas Einstein was more a "developer" of sorts. I don't mean to downplay Einstein's genius in any way, mind you. Rather, I am simply amazed by the things that Da Vinci was able to explain when there was no other explanation... aside from what the Catholics were telling people.
occrider
Don't be too enamored of Dan Brown's books. Many of his innuendos about Da Vinci, and in particlular many of the claims of the Davinci Code have been proven to be historically inaccurate or blatant falsehoods. Not to dismiss the fact that Da Vinci was an intellectual legend.
apostrophe
quote:
Originally posted by occrider
Don't be too enamored of Dan Brown's books. Many of his innuendos about Da Vinci, and in particlular many of the claims of the Davinci Code have been proven to be historically inaccurate or blatant falsehoods. Not to dismiss the fact that Da Vinci was an intellectual legend.

Yep, when I read the books, I was aware of the inaccuracies Dan Brown posed, but that made me want to actually find out what was historically accurate...and what he thunk up? pretty genious/intersting. :toothless
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by occrider

Indeed.

If anything, Dan Brown's books have provided me with some very entertaining stories, but they're just that; stories.

DaVinci, the man himself, and his accomplishments certainly deserve to be remembered as far more than the framework for two works of 20th/21st century fiction...
Orbax
Newton wins
trunks1022
that's why dan brown writes in the beginning of the book that only a few things in his story are factual... such speculation :wtf: read the damn "facts" before the first page!
DJ_Druid
Fair comparison.

Einstiens inventions and theory's all proven the the point of common knowledge (basically)

Da Vinci.....The list of things he still has people stumped on is longer than I personally could fathom and even the spiritual dogma connected to him puts Da Vinci far higher in the respect ladder than Einstien.

occrider
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Druid
Fair comparison.

Einstiens inventions and theory's all proven the the point of common knowledge (basically)

Da Vinci.....The list of things he still has people stumped on is longer than I personally could fathom and even the spiritual dogma connected to him puts Da Vinci far higher in the respect ladder than Einstien.

Huh? What?? What theoretical physics is he still stumping people with? He puts Einstein to shame? By all means please elaborate ...
Aiwendil
Well i'm smarter than Leonardo Da Vinci and Albert Einstein put together! How do you like that?!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement