return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Chopping (ReCycle, Soundforge, Acid, etc)
View this Thread in Original format
Akridrot
I've NEVER EVER had fun chopping/splicing because of exporting. It seems like their isn't a program that makes chopping easy and fun, like programming a synth.

I want to be able chop/splice the wav into many regions, and export all the regions separately into a folder, which I can load into a drum machine/sequencer. It's so easy to organize regions in soundforge, but it's a pain to have to manually export(and NAME! :whip: ) each and every one.

Is there anything I can do???

:conf:
allen_k
I came across a neat program called "Glitch" (I think it was from another post in this section). Glitch does many different effects, bitcrushing and pitch bending for example, as well as others, but it can be used just to split up parts of a selected .WAV file with the appropriate settings. HERE is the link to the command line version (runs in Windows command). Recently a GUI version (easier to use than the command line version) has been made and you may get it HERE. It's still in early development, so it might take awile to achieve the results you are looking for, but I would recommend putting some time aside and trying it. :D
Akridrot
Thanx, I heard about that program awhile ago. It's not what I'm looking for, but I grabbed it for later use.

quote:
Please note, however, that this program is not intended to be a lazy man's tool for instant IDM creation.

Right now, I need a lazy man's tool. Lol. I'll put up a screen shot in a few minutes, to show everyone exactly what I mean.
Akridrot
Is there any way to export all of my regions separately in soundforge, but at once? Things would go by much quicker if there was.

Simplified Example:[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/akridrot/Clipboard02.gif[img]

Everytime I do that^, and make all my regions, mark certain areas, etc. I have to manually select each one, and copy and paste it into a new document to use it. This takes too much time, and sometimes I have so many regions I just abandon the project.

edit: I left the img tags like that because the example is too big.
IDarkISwordI
Hey. You shouldnt be so lazy about producing. If you are serious about wanting to produce just as a hobby or even as a living, you have to accept some tasks as taking a long time. You cant look for the easy way out always if you ever want to get something new and original. Be patient and suck it up :P. Good things come in time.

Cheers,
Zac
dj_alfi
quote:
Originally posted by IDarkISwordI
Hey. You shouldnt be so lazy about producing. If you are serious about wanting to produce just as a hobby or even as a living, you have to accept some tasks as taking a long time. You cant look for the easy way out always if you ever want to get something new and original. Be patient and suck it up :P. Good things come in time.

Cheers,
Zac

why reinvent the wheel?
allen_k
The VST version of Glitch just came out recently, check it out. It still wont run in FLStudio, hopefully they'll fix that problem soon so I can try the demo. It looks really nice :D
digitul punk
Try downloading the Xpress version of Sony's Acid .. it's pretty easy to do audio editing in that peice of software.. U can mark it.. and render a specific portion outta your source file.

www.acidplanet.com

And if u can't do that.. well then.. u need some caffiene.
thecYrus
kontakt 2 can this do pretty well.. (auto region detection and splitting the single parts across the keyboard and act like a drum sampler)
dj_alfi
quote:
Originally posted by allen_k
The VST version of Glitch just came out recently, check it out. It still wont run in FLStudio, hopefully they'll fix that problem soon so I can try the demo. It looks really nice :D

my glitch runs in fl

ZxZDeViLZxZ
why not just use fruity slicer personally i think alot can be done with it to an extent should give it a shot its rather simple. if you need something that allows more then i dont know what to tell you as i dont usually use any samples
allen_k
quote:
Originally posted by dj_alfi
my glitch runs in fl

I managed to get Glitch running shortly after I posted yesterday. At first it wouldn't run, then about 5 minutes later I tried again and it worked. :toothless
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement