return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.

Pages: [1] 2 
Prsche Adding New Vehicle to Lineup
View this Thread in Original format
starsearcher
quote:




Porsche to Add Fourth Vehicle to Lineup

By MATT MOORE, AP Business Writer
2 hours, 30 minutes ago



FRANKFURT, Germany - German luxury sports automaker Porsche AG said Wednesday it will begin producing a new a four-door, four-seat sports car that is expected to be on the market by 2009.

Dubbed the Panamera, the new model is expected to reach a production level of about 20,000 vehicles annually. A retail price for the model wasn't released, but analysts have said it could range from $125,000 to $175,000 per car, depending on the options.

Stuttgart-based Porsche said it would spend approximately 1 billion euros ($1.2 billion) to develop the new car, which is expected to feature elements from its Cayenne sport utility vehicle and Carrera GT sports car.

An artist's rendering of the car shows a low-slung, four-door sports car with narrow side windows and flowing lines.

"We indeed took a lot of time making the decision, but we now know that the Panamera fits to Porsche as it has all typical sports-car genes," Chief Executive Wendelin Wiedeking said.

Porsche's other lines include the Cayenne, 911 and the Boxster.

Unlike the Cayenne, which Porsche developed with Volkswagen AG, the Panamera's production will be a strictly Porsche product. A site for manufacturing the new model hasn't been decided upon, but Porsche said it is looking at a site in Leipzig where its Cayenne and Carrera GT models are currently produced.

If the Leipzig plant is selected, it would mean the creation of 600 new jobs, while another 400 would be created in Stuttgart, where the engine for the Panamera will be built.

Porsche has been buoyed by increased sales of late, thanks in part to its revamped 911.

Through the first 10 months of the fiscal year, sales reached 5.3 billion euros ($6.5 billion), up 5.4 percent from the same period the year before, the company said, with 69,685 cars sold.

Shares of Porsche were down 1 percent to 650 euros ($779.16) in afternoon trading in Frankfurt.

___

On the Net:

http://www3.porsche.com/default-en.asp
VERTiG0
The Porsche Panamera.




This is the start of the "4 door coupé" segment, along with the Mecedes-Benz CLS500/CLS55 AMG. I believe this to be heresy.
PartyHarlequin
Porsche already has 4 models in it's lineup. The Cayenne, Carrera, Boxster and Cayman (SP?). This will be the 5th.
Just cuz canada has a ty lineup of cars doesn't mean there aren't more out there.
VERTiG0
quote:
Originally posted by PartyHarlequin
Porsche already has 4 models in it's lineup. The Cayenne, Carrera, Boxster and Cayman (SP?). This will be the 5th.
Just cuz canada has a ty lineup of cars doesn't mean there aren't more out there.
\


The Cayman isn't out yet.
starsearcher
my god why did they go back to those ugly headlights on the 911 EEWW
VERTiG0
quote:
Originally posted by starsearcher
my god why did they go back to those ugly headlights on the 911 EEWW


Because that's what they've looked like since, well, forever.

The blobby '98-04 headlights aren't as fitting as the regular circular lights on this new 997.
starsearcher
quote:
Originally posted by VERTiG0
Because that's what they've looked like since, well, forever.

The blobby '98-04 headlights aren't as fitting as the regular circular lights on this new 997.


I LOVED the newer curvier sportier lights...the new ones (or rather old ones) are just hidelous...they look like ugly 2 circles at the front of the car...me no likes (not that I actually can afford one :p)
Orko
quote:
Originally posted by starsearcher
my god why did they go back to those ugly headlights on the 911 EEWW


i cannot believe you just said that! they changed them back because so many people complained. I like the old style. give me a 993 anyday!
VERTiG0
quote:
Originally posted by Orko
i cannot believe you just said that! they changed them back because so many people complained. I like the old style. give me a 993 anyday!


This man is correct.

993s are the nicest looking 911s. Mmm, aircooled.
fn_xtc
quote:
Originally posted by VERTiG0
This man is correct.

993s are the nicest looking 911s. Mmm, aircooled.


I have to agree..the 993's were nice...only if they had air cooled engines now.

Talking about the Panamera, we will see about it when the official pics are out...so far..i'm not a big fan. If I want a 4 door, give me a Flying Spur anyday.

VERTiG0
quote:
Originally posted by fn_xtc
Talking about the Panamera, we will see about it when the official pics are out...so far..i'm not a big fan. If I want a 4 door, give me a Flying Spur anyday.


Or a Phantom :toocool:
fn_xtc
quote:
Originally posted by VERTiG0
Or a Phantom :toocool:


you know your cars sir! :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement