return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Taiwan, China and a lil ol country called the US of A (pg. 3)
View this Thread in Original format
Marcus007

Lets not allow this to ruin this thread please...
DJ Charlie
quote:
Originally posted by malek
tomorow morning, i'm gonna take a canoe, and I'll invade the small island on the riviere des prairies where no one lives, i'll proclaim it mine... it'll be a feat in mankind history!!!!!

omg omg !! we can do omgwtfbbq on it !
malek
quote:
Originally posted by Tag
The point IS islands have been invaded. OK got it get it good night.

the point is that islands with people living on them never got taken, and i still don't see how i am wrong with this.

you trying to ruin the thread with stupid smart ass remarks... bravo !
fastmp3
n00blars debating geopolitics, nice :) where's Epicurious ?
ShadoWolf
All the more reason to implement missile defense.
Falcon-X
I think its pretty obvious that the US would intervene. First of all they have military bases in Taiwan and on different islands belonging to taiwan. also a few months ago when there was more tension between Taiwan and China, the american and japanese navy send a whole lot of ships in the area.

And Taiwan is just too much of a strategic point for Amercia to lose it. If China would conquer it, it would also mean that they can attack other countries and wont be stopped.

Oh and whoever said China could call up 300 M people... come on you really think its possible to raly 300 million people in such a large and unorganised country? And fighting with pich forkes, lol
Tag
quote:
Originally posted by malek
the point is that islands with people living on them never got taken, and i still don't see how i am wrong with this.

you trying to ruin the thread with stupid smart ass remarks... bravo !

You're so ing stupid, the channel islands did have ppl living on them.
Tag
quote:
Originally posted by Falcon-X
I think its pretty obvious that the US would intervene. First of all they have military bases in Taiwan and on different islands belonging to taiwan. also a few months ago when there was more tension between Taiwan and China, the american and japanese navy send a whole lot of ships in the area.

And Taiwan is just too much of a strategic point for Amercia to lose it. If China would conquer it, it would also mean that they can attack other countries and wont be stopped.

Oh and whoever said China could call up 300 M people... come on you really think its possible to raly 300 million people in such a large and unorganised country? And fighting with pich forkes, lol

In what way are the unorganized?
zokissima
I'm not surprised at the actions China is willing to take. Historically, the Americans have been s to them since their revolution. China was not recognized as a sovereign nation, it's government was not recognized, and all sorts of embargoes and restrictions were placed on it, prior to the 70s. DUring their civil war, the PROC (People's republic of China) emerged as the rightful and lawful victor, but were not recognized, simply because they were a communist party. However, that has changed somewhat in the last few decades. Nonetheless, America is still in support of an unlawful nation. I do believe that if the were to hit the fan, they'd fight a war of economics and politics rather than a war of arms. They would not risk throwing the world into armageddon.
Tag
quote:
Originally posted by zokissima
I'm not surprised at the actions China is willing to take. Historically, the Americans have been s to them since their revolution. China was not recognized as a sovereign nation, it's government was not recognized, and all sorts of embargoes and restrictions were placed on it, prior to the 70s. DUring their civil war, the PROC (People's republic of China) emerged as the rightful and lawful victor, but were not recognized, simply because they were a communist party. However, that has changed somewhat in the last few decades. Nonetheless, America is still in support of an unlawful nation. I do believe that if the were to hit the fan, they'd fight a war of economics and politics rather than a war of arms. They would not risk throwing the world into armageddon.

Finally someone with a brain. Thank you

malek
quote:
Originally posted by zokissima

There's nothing surprising in this, till the late 70s, Washington had a strong feeling about communism, to the extent of not recognizing China. I'm not sure, but I do believe that the USA does not fully recognize Taiwan either as a country but do strongly support it. China would never attack first unless Taiwan does a stupid move aka declare full independance, but even after that, it remains an impossible task to invade an island and win unless there's some strong internal guerilla favoring China... which would be surprising.

Tag: just shut the up, you are too stupid to distinguish nation-islands and small islands with no value. seriously man, stop the bull.
zokissima
malek, you do bring up probably the more important point in this conversation: Taiwan is NOT a completely sovereign nation, and as such, there are a lot of gray areas.
Taiwan WAS officially recognized as the 'official' China, and the Chinese seat in UN was given to them prior to the 70s. It was due to this decision that Russia boycotted and left, leaving the road open for the states to 'intervene' in Korea through a unanimous vote.
But basically, the point is, nothing will really come to a resolution unless some other factor, such as taiwan declaring full independance as you said, arises. However, if this were to happen, I find it difficult to believe that a war would break out. In truth, I don't think that there would be much the US COULD do besides embargoes and restrictions. The Chinese would definitely fight. They kicked the British out of Hong Kong, under threats of military action if they did not withdraw, and that is exactly what happened. I doubt that US would dare risk full out war with China, as it would pull the rest of the world in, and considering how tied in China is to world economics right now, it could be a potential catastrophe even WITHOUT nukes being fired.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Privacy Statement