return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Mac vs PC?
View this Thread in Original format
*InVeRs3*
I noticed a lot of producers use Macs. Is there an advantage to having a mac, than a pc?
aquila
here we go again...

PC: Price and variety of software
MAC: Stability and industry standard.

I won't say any more...I gotta go out. There's probably a dozen other topics out there where you can read up on this...;)
*InVeRs3*
quote:
Originally posted by aquila
here we go again...

PC: Price and variety of software
MAC: Stability and industry standard.

I won't say any more...I gotta go out. There's probably a dozen other topics out there where you can read up on this...;)


unfortunately mac and pc can't be words used in the search section.:whip: :whip: :mad: :mad:
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by aquila
PC: Price and variety of software
MAC: Stability and industry standard.


Variety of software is a thing of the past for the most part.

You won't run into any problems of not finding sufficient software on Mac OS especially since the release of Os X there's been an amazing number of new development projects that have started up.
IKKI-ZUVK
MAC
tonkproject
the problem with pc is that there are thousands of companies that make parts for it...and 70% of the ppl that sell complete systems try to make a quick buck buy putting cheap components inside or incompatible.from the specs it looks like a killer machine but acctually inside of an pc,companies tempt to add gear that will never work as the spec says,creating troubleshouting ,slowing down your "machine".i dont want to go deeper into the subject but dont be fooled by ppl that think mac is much more powerfull or more stabil than pc.try build your own pc...buying piece by piece and ansemble them at home....theres many tricks that you can apply on a pc to improve your work ....

CHEERS
prestige
quote:
Originally posted by *InVeRs3*
I noticed a lot of producers use Macs. Is there an advantage to having a mac, than a pc?


no advntage man, i use both Apple and PC. they are the same, so its all about preference. Go with PC because software is easier to get ;)

alan
aquila
quote:
Originally posted by *InVeRs3*
unfortunately mac and pc can't be words used in the search section.:whip: :whip: :mad: :mad:


Grrr...stupid vBulletin! They should have used phpBB instead :rolleyes:
IKKI-ZUVK
quote:
Originally posted by prestige
no advntage man, i use both Apple and PC. they are the same, so its all about preference. Go with PC because software is easier to get ;)

alan


LMFAO.
Please, don't listen to this guy, he obviusly has no idea:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:
Signal2005
Pc in my opinion only becuase mac reminds me of sega they always screw something up like building sytems into moniters and costing u a fortune to fix.

Software wise im a gamer so pc is a big plus.

apple just doesnt impress me i remmember my old mac i couldnt right click it sucked pc is easier for me to use.

And i know when i buy something it will work on my pc anyway so im pc all the way.

tonkproject
quote:
Originally posted by Signal2005
Pc in my opinion only becuase mac reminds me of sega they always screw something up like building sytems into moniters and costing u a fortune to fix.

Software wise im a gamer so pc is a big plus.

apple just doesnt impress me i remmember my old mac i couldnt right click it sucked pc is easier for me to use.

And i know when i buy something it will work on my pc anyway so im pc all the way.


mate,will vote in the future for a game section...until then stay away ... this thread,not new at all, want to gather opinions of the ppl who acctually use pc or mac in their studios.

try this link until the admin will aprove a game section
Signal2005
ahhh ok

any idea what hes trying to say im confused ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement