return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Mac vs PC? (pg. 2)
View this Thread in Original format
DJ Lucas
mac is what all the bigshots use so there's got to be something to it....but pc is so versatile....you have more options with PC
Signal2005
I think its just a gimmick personally i think that when someone heres one person say that this is better thna that for this.

Its like a fad nike sneakers and adidas there both sneakers made for walkingbut one person says ones better and there usually a big name producer and the newbs say ohh man i gotta get me one of those macs etc becuase bt says its better.

personaly i wouldnt spend my money on a mac becuase like i said they havent shown me anything special.
IKKI-ZUVK
Mac is still better though
tonkproject
yep....good luck on your sale
IKKI-ZUVK
Well Thank you :whip: :whip:
tonkproject
you're welcome
PDM
ok guys, this debate has been on since the antique times.

PC is versatile, Mac is stable, but Mac beats PC not only because of the powerful features that it comes with, but also, because you can install Windows XP or 2000 as a sub-platform.

This means that you'll have the versatility of a PC and the power of a mac in one.

I do have a PC now, and trust me, is a cheap ass compaq presario , with a Pentium III and 512 RAM, and still I can make good music with it, now imagine what you can do with a Mac and its sub-platform Windows XP. ;)
aquila
going mildly off-topic here, but when you run windoze xp on a mac (I assume virtualPC?), doesn't it use up extra processor grunt re-routing all the calculations to work on a Gx processor?
PDM
Of course, that is a price you gotta pay, but , if use for example, a Power Core Mac G5 of 2.4 Ghz, it will be able to handle it really easily.
tonkproject
will be nice to see somebody opinion who has DUAL PROCESOR P4

UnWorldly
linux!

The problems with PC come from windows, my linux box gets lower latency, pretty much every program is able to route audio to another, thru hardware too, doesn't have sooo much other crap that slows you down, you can tweak anything, all the software is free!

most of your vstis will still work.

but you do have to spend alot of time mucking around on your computer to get it all to work :(

hehe, sorry, im still all excited from all the new things I have been installing
erdega
pc is faster and less expensive and doesn't have annoying cutesy icons. Basically you buy mac only because you think it looks cool and can afford it
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Privacy Statement