return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Texas & S. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 3 
My WMC trip so far
View this Thread in Original format
Matthias
Well, here in Miami. Its thursday night, bout to head over to Tiesto; just wanted to share my experiences so far. Where do I start....MIAMI IS INSANE!! Last night went to spin to see Armin van Buuren. He played an awesome set and dropped an unrecognizable new remix of Adagio for Strings, played alot of new tunes I couldn't ID, wasn't really tryin to..the energy of that club was beyond anything I have ever seen in TX tho. Gabriel and Dresden showed up there after there set at Crowbar just to here Armin and Markus Schulz play...needless to say I was a bit surprised to see them both there in the VIP area. Got to speak to all 3 of em for a bit, really cool guys.
Today I went to the beach, watched to FINE topless women put suntan lotion on each other and make out. Walked down the beach for a few and found Paul van Dyk enjoying a few moments alone on the beach. I didn't talk to him since I figured he probably wanted the solitude but he was cool when I went to shake his hand. Initially I walked up to joke and tell him he looked like Paul (not realizing it was actually him) and yeah...lol.
Well..like I said, its been one hell of a trip so far. Rode 28 hours on a bus to get here, crashing on different friend's hotel room floors since I cant afford $200-300 a night. Anyway, found a cafe that had internet access and just thought I'd drop you guys a line. I really wish all of you all could be here as well... WMC is like a mini-Ibiza. Def cant wait for Ultra
daydreamer
*jealous*
:whip: :mad: :whip:
hopefully next year is my year.
Ph03n1x
If I had the money and vacation time, I would of drove us there.

Now that I have a decent income, I'm saving up for next year.
The_One
quote:
Originally posted by daydreamer
*jealous*
:whip: :mad: :whip:
hopefully next year is my year.

You say that every year. :tongue2 Glad to hear you are having such a great time Matthias. Hope you took some pics.
regulate
good to hear its banging out there.

have fun for all of us txta that couldnt make it.
.....next year maybe....

have fun. pics?
Rememberence_
quote:
Originally posted by The_One
You say that every year. :tongue2 Glad to hear you are having such a great time Matthias. Hope you took some pics.

oi. Let's save for Ultra 2006 man, seriously.

Hope you're havin a great time Matt, take care over there :)
tmft
Matthias--you are the man--we all talk about it, but you sucked it up & spent a day+ on a bus to get there.

Like everyone else, I'll say 2006, baby!!
DJ_Ballistic
count me in for '06

seriously, doing the whole europe thing next year, sure to go to the states for WMC, and uhh if you're lucky i might belt joel over the head with a 50 pound slab of bacon
Rememberence_
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Ballistic
count me in for '06

seriously, doing the whole europe thing next year, sure to go to the states for WMC, and uhh if you're lucky i might belt joel over the head with a 50 pound slab of bacon

That'd be teh win!
Matthias
YES!!! Next year we all have to come out here together. I really f*cking wish you guys coulda been at Club Space last night. THAT WAS AWESOME!! I have NEVER seen a club event go down like that. Tiesto.....holy sh*t..

I got new respect for the man. His sets in Texas came nowhere near what he brought last night. He played a 6 hour set!!! My only complaint was it took us a few hours to get in since the club was at capacity, luckily the 3 day pass line wasnt as long as general admission, then once we got inside they had the main room blocked off and wanted people to be in the side room (that had speakers playing what was played from the main room) but I wasnt gonna have that. when the bouncers got distracted I made for it and got past them without being spotted thank god. I couldnt ID alot of the tracks except for Whiteroom - Someday (instrumental), a new version of Adagio for Strings that Armin played the previous night, Just Be (not one of my favorites..but the whole damn room was singin along which was pretty cool). I was pretty damn dead after the event and still feeling outta it, God knows how I'm gonna cope with Paul van Dyk's set tonight. Many say he's gotten a bit harder since October of last year, if he plays near as long a set that Tiesto did, I'm gonna be too incapacitated the day after for Ultra lol.

Seriously...Im gonna be in a TON of debt after this, but I can say coming uout here is completely worth it. South Beach, a ton of women from all over the world, parties all the damn time, all over south beach...its crazy. Sorry to say I do not own a camera, but I am going to have friends of mine over here email me them. But yeah...all I gotta say is that everyone on here needs to make it out for WMC 2006 and I suggest everyone start saving today for it. :) Its something everyone has to see. Off tro the beach, I'll be back to report on PVD's set.

racing4hoes
WMC 2006 Alliance :)

Good to hear your having such a phukin blast. Cool to hear about Paul and the beach. Must hear some stories when I see you next time. Enjoy yourself

-ryan
DaveSZ
You're making us all jealous man, but I'm happy for ya.

I had the money and all this year, but I just have rent, college, groceries, gas, etc. to pay for.

I cry.

What really sucks for me is that I'm going to miss Sasha/Diggers play together.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement