return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Polls - Music Related

Pages: [1] 2 3 
The Best Audio Speakers
View this Thread in Original format
Nayil
Which one do u think is the best ? ill go for Nakamichi everytime.
tribu
Mackie
GrimReaper
Genelec's have been my favs and are globally known for great quality especially as studio monitors just as Mackies mentioned above. I want to support a domestic brand if possible tho so Genelec for me. :p
Kia Kaha
My Yamaha MSP-5's kick the ass of all those brands in the poll - but if I won the lottery it would be Genelec's for me as well.
Nayil
i was just wondering if u guys have heard a nakamichi or a bang b4 ?
Nayil
quote:
Originally posted by tribu
Mackie

dude i love ur display! L O L
Alexan
I like Genelic and KRK
GrimReaper
quote:
Originally posted by Nayil
i was just wondering if u guys have heard a nakamichi or a bang b4 ?

Best sound doesn't always walk hand in hand with price.. and B&O isn't an exception. It looks good but isn't as good as what the brand tries to make you think. They cost way too much for what you'll get with the money so i'd rather pick some other brand, just like Genelec (they have home speakers and subs too, not just studio monitors).

Nakamichi is pretty good, but also a "lifestyle" brand like B&O and the actual sound quality doesn't fully equal with the looks and price tag. High end (or even anything close to it) sound quality isn't the same as B&O and likes, it's beyond the good looks. I dunno if i had the extra $$$ would i buy B&O, Nakamichi or any brand like them.. "über cool" design means nothing to me, looking mean and simple and sounding better are the issues i think about when i'm byuing speakers.
CosmoKid
The fact that Bose is mentioned in here is an absolute joke...it really waters down this poll.

Bose is a consumer line of products that is so overpriced for what you get they rely on Joe Six Pack to overspend on their products to survive.

Bose does not even give their products to reviewers for testing because they are that afraid of the results. They convince people through their excessive marketing that they are a quality sound company.

Nakamichi is not as bad but they are almost there as well.

B&O are probably the best of the group you have posted.

Your poll is unclear also because you are asking for the best. The best what?

JBL makes great DJ loudspeakers and okay consumer level speakers.

If you speak with a true audiophile they will not even mention the above brands when discussing the best.

Look towards Canadian speaker companies like Paradigm for a realistic "best" sound quality.

If you want to look into the best pick up some of these high-end magazines and look at some speakers that retail for 30k EACH speaker and UP.

No highs
No lows
Thats Bose

Friends dont let friends buy Bose.

(This message has been brought to you by the Friends of Quality Sound and the anti-Bose alliance)
Emulator
KRK :)

Alexan
quote:
Originally posted by Emulator
KRK :)

Right on!

kak dela? :D
Emulator
quote:
Originally posted by Alexan
Right on!