return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 
rank 1- ,many miles too soon
View this Thread in Original format
neo geo
i know this is an older track but i've got a question. I have the mp3 of this track and it says vinyl rip in it. DId this track ever get released on vinyl or only as such is life with the lyrics and such. I think the many miles too soon without the lyrics is way better and i would kill for it on vinly. Hell it took me long enough to find my copy of mario lopez sound of nature with the plug and play mix. If anyone has info on this let me know or if anyone has it and wants to part with it let me know. I know , wrong section for this post but i knew more would see it here.
Bellie
"many miles too soon" is just the same as "such is life". But then without vocals en slightly different edited. When rank 1 played that track for the first time @ Trance Energy 30-09-2000 the concept name was "many miles too soon". I know that because when i was at a party with rank 1,i asked Benno what the name of the track would be. He said it probably would be called "many miles too soon". He even wrote it on a piece of paper for me with both autographs of Benno & Piet. I still have it btw :D.
But anyways.... The track has never been released (and never will be) as "many miles too soon".
nwopper
Yep, it's also a tribute to the younger brother of Duncan Stutterheim (boss of ID&T), Miles Stutterheim (that's why 'Many Miles too soon') who died in a tragic caraccident.
xenos_declan
quote:
Originally posted by neo geo
Hell it took me long enough to find my copy of mario lopez sound of nature with the plug and play mix.

I'd forgotten about that track. Fantastic song. Would love it on vinyl.
Ian^
best rank 1 ever, pure emotion in it, and like Push's 'til we meet again' a fitting tribute track
foranAngel4553
Interesant info, thanks guys :)
Camwin
quote:
Originally posted by Ian^
best rank 1 ever, pure emotion in it, and like Push's 'til we meet again' a fitting tribute track

+1, i almost cried when i heard it.
DarkAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Bellie
"many miles too soon" is just the same as "such is life". But then without vocals en slightly different edited. When rank 1 played that track for the first time @ Trance Energy 30-09-2000 the concept name was "many miles too soon". I know that because when i was at a party with rank 1,i asked Benno what the name of the track would be. He said it probably would be called "many miles too soon". He even wrote it on a piece of paper for me with both autographs of Benno & Piet. I still have it btw :D.
But anyways.... The track has never been released (and never will be) as "many miles too soon".

That's all news to me, dude. Thx for the info.

And yes, great track indeed. I love almost all of Rank 1's productions. This song, with or without the lyrics, is badass.
Toufas
is the version of such is life (no vocals at all ) from the trance energy video with the greek laser?
Ian^
quote:
Originally posted by Toufas
is the version of such is life (no vocals at all ) from the trance energy video with the greek laser?

it's the prelude to such is life yeah. Vocals and the new structure were added a lot later :)

stamper
quote:
Originally posted by Ian^

Couldn't agree with you more Ian.
isoterra
I think the 'Miles' in the track was the name of a friend of theirs who had recently passed away young... hence the 'too soon'.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement