return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Texas & S. Central USA

Austin
View this Thread in Original format
Spucky
Hello guys !

I spend a little time in Austin.
Where can I found a good record store in this town.
And what I must see here?
And whats going on at night here?

Thanks for your answer.
Ibiza Dreams
Hey bud, come out to Club Eternal tonight on 6th street. Playing progressive and trance all night long! Local DJs playing tonight, only 5 bucks to get in if you're a guy, free for girls. Check out the website @ www.eternalnightclub.net

Take care bro and see you tonight!
tmft
quote:
Originally posted by Spucky
Hello guys !

I spend a little time in Austin.
Where can I found a good record store in this town.
And what I must see here?
And whats going on at night here?

Thanks for your answer.

How long is "a little time in Austin"? a few days, a few months?

For the "must see", if you're looking for general suggestions, Zilker Springs & Town Lake are quite scenic. I like the outdoors.

What's going on at night? Depends what you're looking for. If you're looking to get hammered cheaply, go to 6th St around Trinity, for all the $2 Long Island Iced Teas you care to drink. (Club Eternal is here)

More laid back & cooler (where the scenesters hang)--Red River around 7th. Headhunters, De Ville, Beerland...all have good drinks & different vibes. De Ville's outdoor patio is great when it's warm.

Pricier & yuppier--the Warehouse District, around 4th & Colorado. Cuba Libre, Red Fez, Apple Bar. Tastier Drinks, more upscale atmosphere--but you'll pay. (Vue, where some Electronic shows are, is at 5th & Colorado).

All these areas get pretty insane over the weekends--they block off 6th St entirely to cars on the weekends.

For upcoming Austin shows, most of them are here in this forum. What I'm going to:

2/18 Jerry Bonham, Vue.
2/19 Edgar V, Club Eternal.
3/16 James Zabiela, Infusion, Lance Cashion, Element.
4/22 FREELAND!! (venue TBA)

As Chroma says, there's an Electronic weekly Saturday nights at Club Eternal. I wouldn't recommend going there another night unless there's an electronic act (sometimes they get random hip-hop people).
Steven Hays
quote:
Originally posted by tmft
As Chroma says, there's an Electronic weekly Saturday nights at Club Eternal. I wouldn't recommend going there another night.

With Lance Cashion and Toddy B playing Slow Motion Fridays every other Friday and Peter Martin playing every Friday in between, I think those would be the best nights to go to find the best music...;)

-Steve
tmft
Correction: unless it's a known "electronic" night, I don't recommend it.

I stopped by randomly on a Thursday because I was in the area & it wasn't my scene at all.

Thanks for the advice Steve, I should try to make it out one of those Fridays.
Spucky
A little time in Austin is up to Feb. 26 :toocool:
Peter Martin, sounds good. I think is a good alternative.
Besides is it a nice place here. the sun is very nice
. in my hometown there are snow showers. :)
tmft
Yes, the weather has been super nice lately.

Let me know if you're going to any of the shows I mentioned, I'd be happy to hang out with a German guy & see how much German I rememeber.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement