return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland

Clementines and Christmas
View this Thread in Original format
DJ Mikey Mike
Today, in the store I work in whilst pulling in the morning delivery, I noticed a considerable amount of cases of clementines. "Woah!" I thought. After a considerable amount of pondering, I asked my manager who was also helping with the delivery why the we had so many clementines. She claimed that clementines were associated with Christmas, so that's why we had received so many.

"Err no! You ing idiot.." I said. So I slapped her. Then she said seriously, she puts one in her kids Christmas stocking every year. I was disturbed by this. :conf: Is this true? If my mum had put a clementine in my stocking I would want to know where my haribo and big bar of dairy milk was. Why are clementines and christmas associated with each other? Fruit is a summer thing!

:wtf:
Ian^
quote:
The story is represented in the following Symbols:

An orange which represents the world.

A red band placed around the orange to symbolise the blood of Jesus shed for
his people.

Tooth picks decorated with fruits (rasins, prunes, etc.) are placed at the
four corners of the orange representing the people of the world.

A candle in the center of the orange when lighted represents the light of
Christ to the world..

when clementines are used for christingle things (we did it in cubs)

Maybe its what it symbolises ?
tu_face
mikey, did you never watch blue peter?

christingles!!!!

retard :rolleyes: :eyes: :stongue: :p
Misty Kitty
clemantines are in season at this time of year,

and yes it is traditional to have one at the end of your stocking, mine always had a sugar mouse with it too.

christingle

Christingle meaning 'Christ Light' is a symbol of the Christian Faith. The Christingle orange represents the world, the red ribbon around it is the blood of Christ, the fruits symbolise God's creation and the candle represents Jesus, the Light of the World.

^^ well i never ing knew that

i just thought my folks were trying to get some fruit in me before the gorging of chocolate begun
Ste
christingles is oranges though.

clementines, cristingle for midgets?

Jesus Wept.
DJ Mikey Mike
quote:
Originally posted by tu_face
mikey, did you never watch blue peter?

christingles!!!!

retard :rolleyes: :eyes: :stongue: :p

The only blue beter i ever watched was the one where it showed you how to make tracy island!

I have never heard of the word "christingle."
Kinuvan
clementines are ing mint at christmas... i never have less than 2 at a time :D
DJ Mikey Mike
They're not really that nice. Satsuma's however, now theres a real daddy's fruit. :toothless
Ste
quote:
Originally posted by Kinuvan
clementines are ing mint at christmas... i never have less than 2 at a time :D

yeh, and one clem per mouthful :p
mentalbarter
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mikey Mike
The only blue beter i ever watched was the one where it showed you how to make tracy island!

I have never heard of the word "christingle."

:P im sure everyone in the whole world mustve seen this episode
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement