return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

3d-card the reason behind "fuzz" in headphones?
View this Thread in Original format
BetaFactory
I just had to replace my old graphics card with another (old) one, a GF4 Ti42000 64MD (DDR). Since that, there's been a high background tone in my Sennheiser HD200 Master headphones. They were completely silent before. The graphics card sits just above the audio card slot. I connect the headphones to the audio card output on the back of the computer. Has this happened to anyone else?
Limit
just a though but maybe its a grouding issue..try lossening the screw a little on the card..see if that works..I really don;t know if this will help but hey might as well try.
BetaFactory
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try some day. I'll also check if the cards touch in any way. Weird problem.
CJConstable
try moving your soundcard into another pci slot
BetaFactory
A million thanks to both of you guys! I moved the soundcard to a PCI-slot far away from the 3d-card, and whoops - it all works again! I also left the screws a bit loose, just in case. No more background noise. Thank you again!
sufee_b
did this fuzz come all the time or only at certain peaks??
Vizay
it sounds like some sort of magnetic field from the onboard GFX fan affected your soundcard :)
BetaFactory
The beep sound was constant. Must have been something in the air around the graphics card, like Vizay wrote, because they didn't touch in any way, neither did anything else look suspicious in there. :) I'm just glad it got fixed, thanks to this forum (not so technical myself ;)).
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement