return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Having an issue with recording small audio parts within Cubase SX...
View this Thread in Original format
neil_f
I'm trying to record a small part of a bassline that will be repeated. I want a small bit of audio (see image) that I can simply copy and paste so that it is continuous. However, I get a pop/crackle noise (see sample, dont play too loud...) at the end of recording, or if I make the audio box smaller as seen in the image. Can anyone shed some light on how to do this successfully?

thecYrus
what is when you record longer as the part is and cut the part to the right length after recording?

so long
cYrus
neil_f
If I record just before and just after the midi, then resize the box - or if I record to the exact size. Either way it does it. Seems ok if I overlap when stringing slightly larger parts together but that's a bit annoying.
hey cheggy
quote:
Originally posted by thecYrus
what is when you record longer as the part is and cut the part to the right length after recording?

huh?

Maybe this is what you meant but if you record twice that length, will the crackle only occur at the end of the recording? If so, then loop the midi file and then record it, then cut the audio file in half.

Does this happen often, maybe its a latency crackle.

It's hard to tell from the size of the picture but it also kinda looks like the audio sample might be clipping. Maybe that's it. Have you tried lowering the volume of the synths audio channel before recording and then seeing if that helps.

Other option is to just cut the click out of the recording by trimming the end of the file in the sequencer window, then looping it.
Etherium
Yeah, looks like at the end there might be some clipping.
pho mo
um, just a guess but look at the end of your sample and make sure it finishes at 0db. If the sample does not end at 0 then you will hear a click like the one you posted.

some audio packages have a "find zero crossing" option which can help clip the audio to exactly the right place.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement