return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2004

Pages: [1] 2 
For the Portugal Fans
View this Thread in Original format
Ian^
A Point that I thought of as I was about to goto sleep last night here, I'm not in any way trying to bitch by making it too, just an interesting thought...

You had 61% posession, yet I don't remember James making too many saves than in a normal game, do you think that you didn't use the possession that well, or was it a case of the system you play (only 1 upfront for the majority) being relevant ? Just interested as to whether you think you have to create more & work the keeper more times than last night, england only had 39% yet at the end of 120 minutes we were still level, just makes me wonder obviously what you think about it :)
paranoik0
the problem with portugal have always been that. We have the ball during the whole game, our midfield works great, with loads of creativity but..... when it's time to create chances we get too desperate and out of ideas apart from long shots outside of the area, or crosses for the only striker who never gets a chance with 4 defenders around. So, yes you're right, ball possession doesn't mean everything in the game. But yesterday Portugal did have a few missed chances, and a lot more shots than England
m0sh
england plays like .
i'm glad they lost
i hope czech or sweden will win the euro.
TiestoFanMatt
quote:
Originally posted by m0sh
england plays like .
i'm glad they lost
i hope czech or sweden will win the euro.

Yea really that adds to the topic made.

If you want to rant about how England is, just make a thread on it or something.
Ian^
quote:
Originally posted by paranoik0
the problem with portugal have always been that. We have the ball during the whole game, our midfield works great, with loads of creativity but..... when it's time to create chances we get too desperate and out of ideas apart from long shots outside of the area, or crosses for the only striker who never gets a chance with 4 defenders around. So, yes you're right, ball possession doesn't mean everything in the game. But yesterday Portugal did have a few missed chances, and a lot more shots than England

would there not be a case for losing one of the holding players like Maniche & going out for 2 upfront then ?
m0sh
quote:
Originally posted by TiestoFanMatt
Yea really that adds to the topic made.

If you want to rant about how England is, just make a thread on it or something.

no its just such bull ... this threard i mean, does it even metter?
bottom line is = england played like
michiel
quote:

word
they'll get to be the subject of songs like these more often I guess
m0sh
quote:
Originally posted by michiel
word

hahahahaha
Ian^
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by michiel
word

This whole thread is irrelevant to the result of the game, I don't see Israel there or Holland playing well, the point is that I wondered how portugal could dominate so much & not score more for it
m0sh
cuz they aint good

sweden or czech will take the euro , at least i hope so

and just somthing funny I found...I hope you can laugh aswell ian

RenderedDream
yeah, portugal has a few problems, just like other teams, hope our striking force will do better
isoterra
quote:

Oh for 's sake go home. You're spouting more bull than any thread I've seen on here. This thread was about Portugal & their future chances.

Great job with the image too. Only about the 5th repost on this forum in the past day? :rolleyes:

Re: Portugal, I think their main problem was getting the ball on target for most of the match. They took far more shots than England did and most of them seemed to go over/wide. I would say they needed to work on crossing more instead of making the long shots (ok they got one in during ET but they had loads more chances in normal time).
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement