return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2004

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Penalty kicks in final tournaments
View this Thread in Original format
malek
Who thinks the game should go on till a team wins by a goal difference. Like the new silver ball format of the game with no penalty kicks when there's a draw.
The Darklord
30 mins of extra time and penalties for me. No silver/golden goals, that's so sucky sucky.
chesco
I think it's a great end to any game. I was gutted in world cup 94, but it's the fairest way to end it.
mentalbarter
its the fairest way to do it
and theyre quite exciting too
dj_mdma
don't they have a different system in the US where its a 1 on 1 situation?

the outfield player has 20 seconds from the centre spot to take on the keeper one on one...

i think that would be farely interesting, and would give both players a chance to demonstrate their skill, after all penalties, from the keepers's point of view is mainly luck!
RenderedDream
quote:
Originally posted by dj_mdma

the outfield player has 20 seconds from the centre spot to take on the keeper one on one...

i think that would be farely interesting, and would give both players a chance to demonstrate their skill, after all penalties, from the keepers's point of view is mainly luck!

that's so cool! i've never seen that
The Darklord
US is gay :toothless
paranoik0
after a victory in penalties i don't think it is the most appropriate time for me to praise the method :p

would like to see that US thing getting tested on a under-20 competition or so..
razmataz
quote:
Originally posted by dj_mdma

Yes I have seen that before, looks kind of weird since I am not used to it. There is a greater chance of missing I feel since its basically a 1 on 1. The conventional form favours the shooter.
malek
why not just let them play mini 15 minutes periods till there's a winner... aren't these athletes strong enough to do it?

Fundamental
quote:
Originally posted by malek
why not just let them play mini 15 minutes periods till there's a winner... aren't these athletes strong enough to do it?

But who knows how long that could go on! Matches need to be brought to an end for many a reason; penalties seem to be the ideal way. :)
malek
quote:
Originally posted by Fundamental
But who knows how long that could go on! Matches need to be brought to an end for many a reason; penalties seem to be the ideal way. :)

but why not!! its still more exciting that penalty kicks and people don't feel like getting screwed!!

They could remove 2 men per team to open up the game and make it more offensive, it wouldn't take long before a team wins over the other!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement