return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2004

Player Prediction
View this Thread in Original format
DJ_Release
Hey guys since EURO 04 is fast approaching I would like to see your opinion on which young players you think will be stars of the tournament and which old better known players will dissapoint.

Here are some of the players i think will develop into starts and why:

1. Antonio Cassano: He will most likely start on the bench for Italy behind Del Piero and Totti, but he wil surely be used as a sub for either one of these players and when he does he will surely cause havoc along the other team's defense. He's very good off the dribble as well as fast.

2. Marat Izmailov: I don't know Russia's plans but he should be in them for sure. Saw him play a couple of games for Lokomotiv Moskva in the CL and he was really good. Very fast and a good dribbling.

3. Milan Baros: Should get the nod behin Koller as the second forward, being provided by Nedved behind him he should be able to run at some defenses and cause some trouble.

4. Wesley Sneijder: He should have a tough time getting some minutes in the crowded and talented Dutch midfiled, but when and if he does he will be a good provider of balls for the forwards. Saw him play in the last couple of friendlies and I liked his ball handling abilities as well as his passing and shooting.

5. Jerome Rothen: Another player who finds himself with problems to get minutes in a crowded midfield. He impressed in the CL with Monaco providing lots of crosses from the left. I also like his perseverence and work ethic.

Some players that could dissapoint i think are Figo and Zidane... they've done it before one due to injury (Zidane) and the other one due to poor play during the last World Cup. Who knows if they will be in top form again. I think Zidane will surely regain his form after a poor run with Real Madrid.
Tim81
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DJ_Release
Hey guys since EURO 04 is fast approaching I would like to see your opinion on which young players you think will be stars of the tournament and which old better known players will dissapoint.

Here are some of the players i think will develop into starts and why:

1. Antonio Cassano: Italy never play with three forwards, but I don't even think he will play in Portugal; Vieri, Del Piero and Totti have to make the goals!

2. Marat Izmailov: I don't think Russia will be in the 2nd round!

3. Milan Baros: A very talented attacker!

4. Wesley Sneijder: One of the most talented Dutch players (I think even better than v.d. Vaart). I prefer Sneijder above Seedorf!

5. Jerome Rothen: Very impressive indeed with Monaco in CL, but I don't think he will be on the midfield of France with players like Zidane, Pires, Vieira...

I am interested in Zlatan Ibrahimovic, expect goals from Morientes (instead of Raul), hope V. Nistelrooy will make some goals and think (not surprisely) that Henry will be the star of this tournament!
Virus
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Fernando Torres, Cassano (who should play instead of the biggest cry baby in professional football; Vieri), Van der Vaart, Andreas Isaksson, Cristiano Ronaldo and Dado Prso.

Alright, some of these players are already pretty established, but I expect them to make a big impact and get their real breakthrough.

I don't believe Zidane will disapoint anyone. Remember that he never plays as good as in a big international tournament with France. He had bad seasons with Juventus as well, but when he puts the blue shirt on he always play better than at club level. I agree about Figo though. He never really reached the level he was at Barca since moving to Real.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement