return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2004

We Drew with Japan
View this Thread in Original format
Coup
ace. and we fielded the team we're playing france with.

we're gona go far.
PEZ68
I hope england will play like that against us :toothless
Plastick
LOL thread starter!

I've been a EPL supporter for years but the England team doesnt do it for me at all. To me, they always look so far from a winning team. :D
RubiK Cube
England always do crap in friendlies so i wouldnt take any notice of this result or the one against Iceland. Its the competetive matches that count and we have only lost one under Eriksson
TiestoFanMatt
quote:
Originally posted by RubiK Cube
England always do crap in friendlies so i wouldnt take any notice of this result or the one against Iceland. Its the competetive matches that count and we have only lost one under Eriksson

Statistically you would be correct. But there are is only one game iv seen while Eriksson has been in charge, in a competitative match that i am convinced the team played really well, and that was against Turkey at Stadium of Light. In that game we absolutely showed England as a reflection of the style of play that clubs in the country play...fast, slick, imaginative football. We were tought, gave them no space and should have scored more. 2-0 did not reflect the dominance of that game. IMO when we beat Germany, the changing point was Seamans save, and then we went and scored the 3rd. Germany missed a couple of chances when the game was still in their hands and soon as we scored the 3rd Germany just laid down for defeat.

I was dissapointed with Japan, because it started really brightly, with Japan looking a very poor team. We gave them way too much space and let them shoot from long range. All i can say is, most of France's midfield and forward lines will have more accurate shooting against England if they are given that much space.
razmataz
When you are so close to a major tournament and your backline is stretched to the max and players are carrying niggling injuries you don't want to go into a game giving it all you got.

Just ask France who lost Zidane pre-WC 2002 in a needless friendly injury.

If say Beckham got injured trying too hard to go for 50-50, Sven wouldnt hear the end of it on why he risked him in the first place. And if they don't win such friendlies, the media are on their toes. Doom and gloom type stuff.

I say bleh- commeth the hour, commeth the men. And that wasn't the hour to commeth.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement