return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2004

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Will there be surprises?
View this Thread in Original format
TranceGiant
Do you think something like Japan/Korea 2002 can/will repeat itself? That the some "favourites" will extremely disappoint while a few underdogs will shock Europe with sensational results? I do believe that countries like Greece (with Otto Rehhagel as one of the world's best coaches) and Bulgaria have the potential to surprise, while I expect the usual suspects like Spain and Holland to play way under the expectations once again. However, with all due respect to "smaller" nations (sports-wise) I don't wanna see something as extreme as 2 years ago happening again ( I wont forgive them Koreans for kicking out Italy and Spain :whip: ).

Whaddaya thinkin?
Ian^
personally I think that the main 'surpise' will be the Czechs qualifying and knocking germany or holland out, but that's not even a surprise as such now as we all know what they're capable of
chesco
although i've been talking a good game on behalf of italy, I worry about the group they are in..

But then again i always worry about them with their style of play.
_Marc Dawn_
i think sweden, denmark and the czechs could suprise (i'm not talking of just qualifying from the group)
i don't have much faith in greece and bulgaria
and latvia is just doomed the die...anything else would be a HUGE suprise!
evil_bastard
There are some potential upsets like Latvia v Germany :D
Paulie
1st major upset on opening day of tournament. Greece to tear portugal to shreds. 2-0 Victories causing absolute heartache to the portugal supporters.
Virus
quote:
Originally posted by chesco
although i've been talking a good game on behalf of italy, I worry about the group they are in..

But then again i always worry about them with their style of play.

The group is very hard. Italy beeing the obvious favorite. Sweden and Denmark are pretty even and Bulgaria as the outsider who seem to be able to surprise. I think Italy and (schock!) Sweden will advance though.

I cant wait for this damn tournament to start!
RubiK Cube
Its harder in the Euro championships than the WC due to less teams participating and less unknown teams since its similar teams that are played in the qualifying.

The Czech Rep doing well wouldnt be a suprise as they are ranked 4/5th in the world. Maybe Sweden mite be the team this time, or that one of the serial underperformers plays well
Ian^
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie
1st major upset on opening day of tournament. Greece to tear portugal to shreds. 2-0 Victories causing absolute heartache to the portugal supporters.

Pauls wet dreaming again :p
Defcon_7
No surprises... France will win, we simply have the best team and the best players in the world:D

chesco
quote:
Originally posted by Defcon_7
No surprises... France will win, we simply have the best team and the best players in the world:D

as you showed us when you got knocked out the world cup without scoring..

:rolleyes:
Tim81
Every tournament has surprises (Korea last world championship)! But I don't think it will be a surprise when the following teams will reach the 2nd round: Spain / Portugal, France / England (or Croatia), Italy / Sweden (or Denmark), Czech / Netherlands (or Germany). In the knock out everything is possible...

I think the last four will be:
France / Czech / Portugal / Italy
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement