return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Any help please in recreating sound (sample included)
View this Thread in Original format
neil_f
sample

Looking for any help in recreating the 3 note bit in that sample. To help you pick it out it goes from a high note, down then down again and kinda flys around in the background coming in at the start of the mp3, then fades out at around 0:05 and back in at around 0:07-0:08. Any help in recreating this on my NordLead 3 ? Or any general synthlike tips are welcome. Thanks.. ;)
Tranc3
If I correctly picked out what you're looking to make, it's a filtersweep. Using a lp filter, start with no cutoff then sweep it down.
DeZmA
double detune saw with sustain on 0 and medium decay for amp and filter should do the job. Not too much efx it seems try some compression for the "snappy" sound. I think it's definately a saw, it's not that clear bc of the other synth tho.
DeZmA
quote:
Originally posted by Tranc3
If I correctly picked out what you're looking to make, it's a filtersweep. Using a lp filter, start with no cutoff then sweep it down.

it gives a little snap doesn't it? can you do that with high lp filter attack? I'm not sure it's kinda blurry in the middle of the whole arrangement like I said before
Tranc3
quote:
Originally posted by DeZmA
it gives a little snap doesn't it? can you do that with high lp filter attack? I'm not sure it's kinda blurry in the middle of the whole arrangement like I said before

Hrmm I'll give it another listen
Phantax
i don't think he's talking about the filter sweep judging by his instructions.

it's a normal synth sound he's asking about... the one where the filter starts to open its sound up after the 8 second mark.
DeZmA
quote:
Originally posted by Phantax
it's a normal synth sound he's asking about...

Hmz, the normal synth sound :D
We're lucky there's only one synth sound in the sample :cool:

I think it's the short sound he's talking about (as he says it goes from high to low to lower (c-b-f to be exactly :thepirate ) and not the filter sweep, tranc3
Massive84
thats square..don't think detuned saw..sounds to clean to be a saw :)
neil_f
Cheers for replies..
Yeah DeZmA think you've picked out what I mean. It's quite hard to point out which bit, ill try to make a better sample for others maybe trying to make the bit I mean stand out.
Phantax
i dont know how to do anything yet... except for hear the proper sound that you're talking about.. which is a pretty nice skill too. but other than that... i couldnt even teach u how to make any sort of sound or nothin... maybe in a few days i'll try and make some sounds for fun.. i dunno.. making this music is difficult. im just here to read for no apparent reason except to look at letters and type away to excercise my arthritic fingers.

Tranc3
quote:
Originally posted by DeZmA
Hmz, the normal synth sound :D
We're lucky there's only one synth sound in the sample :cool:

I think it's the short sound he's talking about (as he says it goes from high to low to lower (c-b-f to be exactly :thepirate ) and not the filter sweep, tranc3

Ahh so then that would be the leading melody. It's either a very clean saw (digital synthesis perhaps?) or a very bright square wave.
alanzo
if u can't make that sound on a nord 3 then pack it up and give it to me cuz you can't use it right anyway :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement