return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Debate: warez & samples (pg. 4)
View this Thread in Original format
rb2k1
Ive come up with the answer to settle this all!

IT IS DEFINETLY TIME TO OUTLAW ALL COMPUTERS BASED ON WHAT MODERN TECHNOLOGY CAN DO.

Its the only way.

~Ross B

:crazy:
moth
Ross for president!:wtf:

I believe sampling is beautiful. I would be thrilled to hear a chunk of my song in someone elses. I dont see why everything is about money these days, money and signateurs, yikes.
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by moth
Ross for president!:wtf:

I believe sampling is beautiful. I would be thrilled to hear a chunk of my song in someone elses. I dont see why everything is about money these days, money and signateurs, yikes.

Agreed. I would be flattered if someone liked my work so much that he/she wanted to sample it to use in his/her own production.

There is a very distinct line between sampling and plain ripping off though.
skytribe
quote:
Originally posted by Vert
I just downloaded the letters you typed without asking. Is that theft? the entire internet is illegal now.

Get off your high horse and stop imposing your beliefs on others.

es

Don't be ridiculous. That's reductio ad absurdum, and you know it. The permission is implied by the very fact that I posted the message publicly.

You don't have a leg to stand on. Sampling without permission is illegal and unethical, and you cannot argue otherwise.
skytribe
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Agreed. I would be flattered if someone liked my work so much that he/she wanted to sample it to use in his/her own production.

There is a very distinct line between sampling and plain ripping off though.

Flattering, yes. I never denied that. But someone who does that without permission is stealing.
Vert
quote:
Originally posted by skytribe
Don't be ridiculous. That's reductio ad absurdum, and you know it. The permission is implied by the very fact that I posted the message publicly.

And permission is implied by the very fact that a tune is released publically, for people to sample and remix it. That is the point you are missing here, THERE IS GRAY. IT IS HOW THIS INDUSTRY WORKS.

And don't double post moron.

es
skytribe
quote:
Originally posted by Vert
And permission is implied by the very fact that a tune is released publically, for people to sample and remix it. That is the point you are missing here, THERE IS GRAY. IT IS HOW THIS INDUSTRY WORKS.

And don't double post moron.

es

Er, no. Permission is not actually implied by releasing something publically. If so, there would be no copyright laws, nor would there be warnings on music media against sampling, unauthorized recording, and so forth.

Whether or not this is how the industry works is entirely immaterial. There's a reason for copyright: to protect works from being stolen.

The double post was a mistake. And, by the by, it's usually easy to tell when someone is losing an argument: they start insulting whoever they disagree with. Please try and keep this civil, ok?
Vert
quote:

The double post was a mistake. And, by the by, it's usually easy to tell when someone is losing an argument: they start insulting whoever they disagree with. Please try and keep this civil, ok?

"You don't have a leg to stand on. " What the hell is that then?

And yet again, get off your high horse. You (the other party in arguement) cannot state that you are "winning an arguement" it just doesn't work and makes you look a tit bit self righteous. Be 'civil' yourself hypocrite. Stop commenting on my posts, and actually work on countering MY POINTS and not all the symantics.

Everyone is pretty much against you. You still haven't countered the fact that this is how the industry is. There is ZERO denying that. Copyright laws exist yes, but there IS GRAY, and you cannot get that through your thick head apparantly.

If a double post is a 'mistake' you copy the text from one, and consolidate it with the previous post. Very simple really.

es
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Flattering, yes. I never denied that. But someone who does that without permission is stealing.

Okay, now you're just trolling.
Vert
quote:

Agreed. He has been the whole time, looking for a fight. Kindof against his whole "civilized" thing.
:rolleyes:
es

skytribe
quote:

How, exactly?

Sure, it's flattering if someone likes my ideas enough to want to use them. That means, if you will pardon the pun, that I've struck a chord with someone, which is what every artist is always aiming for.

That doesn't mean I want them to do it without permission.

And Vert-

I know this is how the industry is. As I stated above, that doesn't mean a single thing. Slavery was the status quo in the USA until the Emancipation Proclamation. Did that make it right? No. Women around the world didn't start getting to vote until the turn of the century. Did that make it right? No.

I could go on, and on. Just because things are done a certain way doesn't make them right. Just because it's accepted that people are going to steal doesn't make it right. It's still wrong; it's just that a blind eye is turned.

And for the last time, please stop insulting me. It adds nothing to the discussion and only undermines any point you're trying to make.
Vert
quote:
How, exactly?

Sure, it's flattering if someone likes my ideas enough to want to use them. That means, if you will pardon the pun, that I've struck a chord with someone, which is what every artist is always aiming for.
Then what is your problem.

I know this is how the industry is. As I stated above, that doesn't mean a single thing. Slavery was the status quo in the USA until the Emancipation Proclamation. Did that make it right? No. Women around the world didn't start getting to vote until the turn of the century. Did that make it right? No.

Yet again, you are imposing YOUR beliefs of RIGHT AND WRONG on me and others. You've been missing that the whole time. Nobody cares what your perception of right and wrong is. The fact that the industry is like this, IS IMPORTANT, because if people stopped remixing eachothers works, it would loose this sense of community, and the way of regurgitating someone else's ideas into your own.

And seriously, it is quite low to attempt to compare the tragedy of slavery, to the issue of sampling in the music industry, just so you can win an ultimatly useless arguement on a forum.

And for the last time, please stop insulting me. It adds nothing to the discussion and only undermines any point you're trying to make.

I'm not insulting you, any more than you are insulting me. Frankly this is the internet, and anything, that anyone says you shouldn't take offense to.

I'm done with this. You were here just for an arguement, but really, you aren't actually countering points, you are just running in circles, argueing irrelevance. You started the subltle insults first, and honestly, I'm appalled you claimed that I was the one who started it.

Good luck.

es
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Privacy Statement