return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 
NHL playoffs thread (pg. 4)
View this Thread in Original format
malek
quote:
Originally posted by j_spot
Montreal boos during the american anthem apparently, its what they say on TV(so it must be true)

oh that... I stay sit and boo all the time, so bite me.:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:
Redeye
quote:
Originally posted by malek
oh that... I stay sit and boo all the time, so bite me.:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

you are proud of this? :conf:
discojoe
quote:

i wish they played the syrian national anthem.. i would boo that
alec
I don't think they have one, probably just use the Persian one!:happy2:
malek
I don't think I actually ever booed, i was joking... but just give me a reason why I should cheer the American anthem.:rolleyes:
Redeye
quote:
I don't think I actually ever booed, i was joking... but just give me a reason why I should cheer the American anthem.:rolleyes:

no one actually has to cheer, but booing is just totally classless regardless of what team, what country, whatever. I know in Philly they clap at the end of the canadian national anthem mainly out of respect for a) the fact that there are canadian players on BOTH teams b) for 1 team that is actually canadian and c) for the person who just sang the anthem. I think a lot of people forget the 1st part. I'm sure any american players (Jim Dowd, Mike Komisarek, Francis Bouillon) on the Montreal Canadians were pretty furious at the Montreal fans when they booed the US National Anthem. I think the fans forget that the NHL is multi-cultural, multi-national, and multi-lingual. Sports should bring people together, not disrepsect each other and tear them apart.
dEsidEL
quote:
Originally posted by Redeye
no one actually has to cheer, but booing is just totally classless regardless of what team, what country, whatever. I know in Philly they clap at the end of the canadian national anthem mainly out of respect for a) the fact that there are canadian players on BOTH teams b) for 1 team that is actually canadian and c) for the person who just sang the anthem. I think a lot of people forget the 1st part. I'm sure any american players (Jim Dowd, Mike Komisarek, Francis Bouillon) on the Montreal Canadians were pretty furious at the Montreal fans when they booed the US National Anthem. I think the fans forget that the NHL is multi-cultural, multi-national, and multi-lingual. Sports should bring people together, not disrepsect each other and tear them apart.

i think they booed the Canadian anthem at a Red Wings or Pistons game last year in Detroit.. can't remember

anyways .. totally agree with what you said.. no place for that anywhere.

StereoPrincess
The Leafs better watch out because the Sens are pressing and they can't keep on relying on Belfour the entire series. Once he gets tired or gets a bad batch of coke, the Leafs are done.
j_spot
you dont need to cheer. I most certainly dont(because our team is the canadian one, their team is the american one, while there may be yanks on our team..to me they are 'temporary' canadians while we play that series.

Mtl is done for.
0-3 ouch

I think sens will do better back in TO. They better, or its lights out.

Calgary/Vancouver is proving to be quite the series. Good hard hitting hockey.
after the 16 penalty game 1, the teams have smartened up, and stopped alot of the clutching and grabbing, making it faster. Which I like.
oh ya, and Cloutier hurt himself..I dont know if the flames will win the series, but I do think itll go to 7 now. Its great to be in this city right now.
rabbitjoker
IMO - Toronto is the best (in everything).

StereoPrincess
quote:
Originally posted by rabbitjoker
IMO - Toronto is the best (in everything).

Except in the throwing a huge party where people dress all in white.

(and hockey)
malek
hehehe
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement