return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2004

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
UEFA Champions League quarter-finals
View this Thread in Original format
dukes
FC Porto (POR) v Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)
Real Madrid CF (ESP) v AS Monaco FC (FRA)
Chelsea FC (ENG) v Arsenal FC (ENG)
AC Milan (ITA) v RC Deportivo La Coruņa (ESP)

looks like some damn good games in store :)

one to watch is defo Chelsea FC (ENG) v Arsenal FC (ENG)
should be a cracker.

whats everyones thoughts/predictions.
i recon Porto, Real, Arsenal & Milan
Megatech
if arsenal is playing the way they have done in the last games they gonna win easy.. i see forward to that gane..
Megatech
if arsenal is playing the way they have done in the last games they gonna win easy.. i see forward to that gane..
Plastick
On the day when RM vs BM, I said that i'll be backing on BM & Deportivo to win CL. Sadly, BM lost and then I hope either Deportivo or AC to win. But Deportivo is now drawn to play with AC :(
evil_bastard
I'll go with Lyon over Porto, they can both play attacking football so I think they'll be entertaining games.

Real haven't set the world alight in Europe this year, grinding out fortunate narrow wins/draws with a full strength side against the likes of Porto and Partizan Belgrade. I can't see them throwing this away to Monaco though.

Chelsea and Arsenal is a difficult call. Their last two games were quite close, Arsenal actually found it very hard to break Chelsea down and certainly didn't make it look easy. Chelsea just need to be able to hold onto the ball as Arsenal do so well, and pass and move as a team. Chelsea have the quality to win this tie, but as a team Arsenal is a quality greater than the sum of its parts.

Spanish and Italian sides have contrasting styles of play so you never know quite what's going to happen. I'd go with AC Milan though, experience counts for a lot in Europe, espescially at this stage.
razmataz
Semis:

Chelsea vs Madrid

Milan vs Lyon

This is Chelsea's upteenth chance this season and I have a gut feeling that they will put one over Arsenal this time around. Should be a cracker.

I can't see Madrid losing to Monaco. They may not be in their usual razzzle-dazzle mode but they are miles ahead in La Liga and will welcome the return of Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo. So the semis should be mouth watering, be it vs Chelsea or Arsenal.

I haven't watched AC Milan this year but from what I hear, they seem to be playing better than last season. So maybe a Milan - Madrid classic final?
chesco
milan will win this year again....

with rino gattuso in the engine room stoking the fire they do look frightening at times.

kaka is going to be the best player in the world soon....
Romain
interesting..
some great matches there.

Lyon has its chances.

Monaco vs Real, this will be great i hope. That's a great opportunity for Monaco, and if they play very well like they were doing a few weeks/months ago, there may be a surprise as well... Real is greater but who knows..

Arsenal will win; that's what i sincerely hope at least, they deserve.

Deportivo - Milan AC... interesting too; i think i'ld bet for Deportivo to win.
EvilTree
quote:

-Tough to say... Porto apparently plays a bit dirty. Lyon plays entertaining French football. I'd like to see Lyon win. Aggregate: Porto 2-3 Lyon
quote:

-Real is loaded with too many good players. Monaco may give Real a challenge only if Prso and Morientes can somehow bypass Real's defence, which is doable and somehow stop Real offence machine. Aggregate Real 3-1 Monaco
quote:

-Arse is on a roll. Henry is on fire. Chelski has never clicked really this season and both Sullivan and Cudicini is out for now. Aggregate Arse 4-2 Chelski
quote:

Looks to be a good match and may be very close. Deportivo lost horrible to Monaco before though, and Milan is more talented on paper. Aggregate Milan 3-2 Deportivo
dukes
quote:
Originally posted by chesco

with rino gattuso in the engine room stoking the fire they do look frightening at times.

you have became my friend :) :p

but its always a very hard thing to achieve to win twice in a row.

come on the mighty milan!

milanster
quote:
Originally posted by chesco

thats what im talking about :D

i already feel sorry for la coruna!
paranoik0
quote:

Gonna be a very close one, both sides are on fire, we can't understimate Lyon that has been playing very well. Hard to predict.

quote:

Real are favourites of course, I'd really like Monaco to make a surprise, but it's unlikely.

quote:

Arsenal will win this, Chelsea has a collection of stars but as a team they're not experient enough. Not a good draw for the english sides I guess, you're gonna lose a team for sure.

quote:

Another close one, Milan would be the favourites, but Deportivo are very strong.

Looks like 8 great matches ahead.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement