return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

technics 1200 help.
View this Thread in Original format
rajay
Hey.. i just bought a used SL1200mkII and no sound comes out of my left speaker. How can i fix this? Do i have to replace the RCAs or am i just doing something stupid?
TSI_AWD
Umm, just wondering, where did you find them, and how much where they. Thanks.
TranceCluber
quote:
Originally posted by rajay
Hey.. i just bought a used SL1200mkII and no sound comes out of my left speaker. How can i fix this? Do i have to replace the RCAs or am i just doing something stupid?

hahahhaa if i think what it is...hey i bet its the cartidge that is the problem!!!!!! take the cartidge off the tone arm and lick the back of it ...and if that makes it work then u know it might be a cartidge problem or a tone arm problem....but i doubt its the RCAs ..... and make sure the mixer both channels work.,...but if by licking the back of the cartidge works then u know its probably cart problem....i have some ortofon nightclub needles...and i always thought it was my mixer or rca cabels...but found out it was the carts..the ortofon have some certain problems with the connectors...... but see if thats the problem
rajay
youre right, its definatly the cartridge or something around there. If i loosen it a bit and move it around it works for a while but its not very reliable. Im going to try borrowing a different cartridge from a friend and see if that works to make sure that its the cartridge not the table. Thanks for the help. oh and yes, it is an ortofon.
Malice
Yeah, make sure all the little wires in the cartridge are in tight or not ripped at all... if it's not that it might be your rca's
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement